Menu
barmyarmy66
Up to speed
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

V6 remote control farce!

Remote control 1. Paired, stop working. Did all the jiggery pokery. Worked, stop working, repeat.

Rang RETENTIONS got new remote...

Remote control 2. Paired, stop working. Did all the jiggery pokery. Worked, stop working, repeat.

No other BT devices nr and no other IR around.

Works perfectly with the app so this CLEARLY indicates an issue with the remotes...no stock answers please VM as all your reboot nonsense does not solve the issue long term!
0 Kudos
noternet
Tuning in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 remote control farce!

I have a brand new install of virgin V6, install was done Tuesday 7th Feb. On the 8th the remote started showing exactly what you have, intermittently not working.
I called in on the 9th to support and they re-paired for me.
Worked until the 11th when it again intermittently stopped working for several minutes.
The TV functions (volume, mute, on/off) still works.
I called in to support again who said they're sending a new remote out, should be with me in another 3-5 days.

And like you using the app from a android device works absolutely fine.
The remote also seems to work fine whilst in the netflix or Youtube app I have not seen it not working whilst in either. But as soon as I've come out of either app the remote has sometimes stopped for a few minutes.

Not great at all.
0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

All I can say is weird.. and I think it may be a box problem.. i.e. same box but 2 different remotes.

BTW tv things would continue to work as they are IR.

also if not paired your remote should work ok int IR mode, although then it needs line of sight to the box and kind of defeats the object.

So far touch wood my remote has worked perfectly.

0 Kudos
noternet
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

is it possible to force it to IR mode only somehow?

I've got the V6 box on a open shelf so line of sight is not a problem at all for me.

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

You can do that by resetting your tivo remote, although you'll also loose any programming you've done to get it to control your tv etc

Press and hold down clear and tv until the green light flashes twice

press down thumb 3 times then press ok

and that should have done it (well it did for me)

noternet
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

LOL! From one of the other support threads on this.
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/V6-remote-control-intermittently-unresponsive-for-... )

gently squeezing the bottom sides of the remote, next to clear and Last Ch , it then works during that intermittent issue. I release the squeeze and it stops working. Squeeze and then works.
until the intermittent issue goes away at least and it works for a while as normal again....for a while.

Manufacturing fault I'd say.
0 Kudos
noternet
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Still the same problem with 2nd remote.

i had 7 years with sky on 1 remote.., imagine that virgin.

0 Kudos
Jswamin
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

This is good to know!! I had the old TiVo remote programmed to also turn off power on a power strip, which was lost with the new RF remote. By switching this function off I can again control power to the peripherals from the remote now.
0 Kudos