Menu
Telewest
Dialled in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

V6 has a vision booting BUG.

I have two V6 plus super hub 3 and they are linked to my broadband using Wi Fi one box register good other excellent.

One is linked to a Samsung 3D HD smart TV with Freeview & Freesat tuners and work fine.....
Yet the other is linked to 3D UHD TV with Freeview & Freesat tuners and every time I switched on the V6 it will boot with sound and even red button if on bbc channel last time. I have reboot the box to get vision on screen. ..it works fine then ...
I have tested in different HDMI socket and different cables other boxes I have linked to the TV work fine and have no trouble at all. ..even the BT UHD TV Youview is working ok with my TV. ...so it is the V6 box software that will not talk with my TV. .. Sadly VM V6 box is rubbish until you fix this bug which is being reported over the Internet. ..that many UHD TV are having trouble...

VM when is fix coming and if not in week or two I wish to have a refund until it's fixed as this is due to you not testing enough. ..even though you are year behind other companies in UHD TV boxes.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 has a vision booting BUG.

Hi Telewest, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue with the picture not coming through. 

What colour screen do you get when the picture goes? 

Do you see any error message at this point? 

Come back and let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Telewest
Dialled in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath_F
I have a black screen with no colour but for the colour of the EPG and red button if on a bbc channel last it was on.
I have sound .
It has to be the V6 as I have try it linked to the TV by other HDMI which are working fine with other boxes.

I have automatically set the box to fine the TV size of screen etc and my other V6 is fine...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Telewest, 

This sounds as though it's related to a known issue we're aware of. 

There is a work around. Disable the 1080i option in the Video Output menu and select another option.

Try this and let us know how it goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos