Menu
Superuser
Message 31 of 70 (406 Views)

Re: V6 for free?

not really. As you can't cancel the services and reinstall them in a new name on the same day and might have a week+ to install the new service under a new account they are betting you won't go without (and I bet you won't). So they have nothing to lose as most people won't do it.

If you need to keep services you need a new provider installed before you cancel the current one. Its simple buisness sense. YOu might take action but you are 1 that will out of another 100 that wont. so they are not going to make it easy for everyone to get new kit at VM cost.

Let us know what you decide to do and now it goes with what you decide.
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 32 of 70 (402 Views)

> You are wanting something for free as are others that want a free V6 box. TiVo wasn't perfect and it was certainly slow but it was not broken. If you want a new box which is faster and can do other things then pay for it or go else where.

I'm RENTING the service from Virgin, which includes the box. If there was an option to buy a separate box and connect it to Virgin, fine. But since I'm paying full whack, I should be getting the full service, period. I didn't sign up to a TV service that is unbearably slow, to the point it feels broken.

> I'm sick of the moaning that loyal customers get screwed when in reality they are paying the asking price to gain services.

Why do you have an opinion if it doesn't affect you?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 33 of 70 (395 Views)

part of the service cost is a upfront cost to rent the box. This is common in a lot of renting. If you want to rent the V6 you pay a upfront Admin fee for the box. New customers get this free but you are not a new customer. you most likely got the tivo free when you signed up.

What part of that is confusing. the setup a new box has a admin charge attached. and always has. If you dont want to pay it you dont get the box.
0 Kudos
Fibre optic
Message 34 of 70 (389 Views)

mynameislee wrote:
> You are wanting something for free as are others that want a free V6 box. TiVo wasn't perfect and it was certainly slow but it was not broken. If you want a new box which is faster and can do other things then pay for it or go else where.

I'm RENTING the service from Virgin, which includes the box. If there was an option to buy a separate box and connect it to Virgin, fine. But since I'm paying full whack, I should be getting the full service, period. I didn't sign up to a TV service that is unbearably slow, to the point it feels broken.

> I'm sick of the moaning that loyal customers get screwed when in reality they are paying the asking price to gain services.

Why do you have an opinion if it doesn't affect you?

I'm not bothered if you are renting or not. VM prices state how much the boxes are. Don't like that then just leave. What makes you so special that you think you should get it for free. You're not paying full whack though are you. You stated you pay £76pm month. Up until recently we were almost paying double that but now have it down to £120pm still well over your "full whack" price. The V6 box costs £50/ £100. If you have a problem with paying it then just leave. 

My opinion is my opinion, if you don't like it, ignore me or leave the site. 

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 70 (381 Views)

It's starting to get a bit heated on here. Let's simmer down a bit or I'll have to lock the thread.

Thanks

John

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Superuser
Message 36 of 70 (375 Views)

@John_G lock it its going no where. some people expected special pricing is all i get from the thread.
0 Kudos
Fibre optic
Message 37 of 70 (345 Views)

there is no 'Faulty logic' it's called a business model. it works with many companies. some will leave as a result but most stay and pay the 'higher' (normal) prices. new customers are groomed with a dangling carrot. older customers eat the carrot.
0 Kudos
Superfast
Message 38 of 70 (301 Views)

mynameislee wrote:

I'm really frustrated by Virgin's upgrade/loyal customer policy. New customers get a V6 right off the bat, but I'm stuck with this slow, old box and you want £64.99 for the privilege of a switch.

What's stopping me cancelling the entire service (my contract expires year ago - I'm month to month now) and signing up again under my partner, and getting it all for free?

The only way you'll listen is if I play cat-and-mouse with your phone team to pretend to cancel per http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/phones/negotiate-with-service-providers and await the obligatory retention marketing call...

Where's the option for people that don't want to waste time playing silly games, and just get the new box without shelling out for it? I'd be happy to sign another contract if I was offered the price of a new customer.

If your contract has expired and you call in, you are possibly eligible for a loyalty discount, providing you sign up for another specified period of contract. I did, and whilst I had to pay the installation fee (fair enough, someone had to come round to install it), the discount I got on the existing monthly payment made it fine.

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 39 of 70 (296 Views)

Thanks Andy. The first useful reply.
0 Kudos
Fibre optic
Message 40 of 70 (290 Views)

mynameislee wrote:
Thanks Andy. The first useful reply.

Otherwise known as the answer you wanted to hear. 

0 Kudos