Menu
swalker1977
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

V6 box freezing

Hi,

My V6 box has frozen 5 time in 2 weeks now and it's getting to be a pain. Totally unresponsive. Even when I go to restart it in settings when it works it freezes again. Also, 5mins ago it said that th channel I was watching was not authorised which isn't correct. Any help would be great.
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box freezing

I guess you've turned it off at the wall? Takes a while to come back on but might be worth a try if you haven't already

other than that I'd ring in for help. A signal test would be good. But you may need a new box. 

0 Kudos
swalker1977
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

All I can do is switch it off at the mains. Comes back on. The signal looks ok, but would be good if one of the form experts could do a test on it
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi swalker1977, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue with your box freezing. 

Do you find this is happening when watching Live TV or only when using the On Demand / Catch Up section or apps? 

I've gone in to the account to test your box however it's currently showing as offline. In order to get any information relating to the stats, it will need to be powered on and out of standby.

If you are still having an issue, come back and let me know. Power the box on and leave on until I reply with the stats information Smiley Happy

Speak soon,

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
swalker1977
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath,

That's it on now. It happens when watching live TV going between channels too. Going into my shows sometimes too but mostly when navigating around the different folders etc but catch up or in demand are all ok.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi swalker1977, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this Smiley Happy

I've gone in to the account today to check the box stats and everything is looking good in terms of power levels and signals however the hard drive status is showing up in red meaning we're going to need to get an engineer out to resolve things. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Beaglelegal
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I have a similar problem where my recently installed V6 box is locking up and will not rewind at all (although the buffering seems to be happening). The problem may be related to remote control commands? A full reset solves the problem for a day but it all locks up again. Rewind never works though. How do I go about getting this fixed? Thanks.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello Beaglelegal,

Thanks for letting us know about this on the community.

I would just like to check a couple of things with you.

• Is this happening on live TV and/or recordings?
  • Have you replaced the batteries in the remote?
  • Are there any other features that aren't working, for example pause or fast forward?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos