Menu
a06275
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

V6 box doesn't work with IR repeater

I have a Harmony remote that I've been using successfully with a TiVo box, specifically with all of my AV equipment hidden inside a locked cupboard (I have small children) with an IR repeater situated under the telly passing all IR commands through to transmitters inside the cupboard.

Today, I had a V6 box installed, and while the Harmony remote will control the V6 just fine with the door open, as soon as I close the door and rely on the repeater, it stops working.

Does anyone know of any reason this might be the case??

0 Kudos
jonandmarkuk
Superfast
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box doesn't work with IR repeater

Go into the Harmony setup app / website and ensure that the IR repeaters are included in the setup.

For each device you can tell it if the IR should be sent from the Hub itself or via the IR repeater.

a06275
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry, it's not a harmony repeater; just a dumb one that re-transmits whatever it receives.
0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I think the IR receiver on the V6 is less sensitive then the tivo, well thats how it felt. You may want to identify the location of the IR reciever on the V6 and play a bit with the positioning of the IR repeater.

a06275
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You'll be pleased to hear that I've fixed it. It turns out that I'm an idiot 😄

So, my IR repeater is powered by a USB cable (which I had forgotten). When the installer swapped over the boxes, he didn't replace the USB cable in the new V6 box. When I plugged it in, it all worked perfectly!

Thank you for your time in trying to help. It's much appreciated.
Alan_R12
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I've just had installed a V6 box in wardrobe in bedroom so want to us a IR extender. Whatcha brand are you using a06275? I'd like to get one that I know will work

0 Kudos
a06275
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

This one ... Neet - IR HUB - https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00H9E429A/
0 Kudos