Menu
Dereklad
Superfast
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

V6.airplay..

This may sound like a stupid question and yes ill admit i can be stupid at times..
Is it possible to airplay from my iphone to tivo v6.
Im just asking so dont bite my head off..๐Ÿค

Cable customer from its inception in 80's in Birmingham .have never missed a bill payment.my package is big kahuna xl tv..200mb internet..and free sky movies for 6 months..+tivo box.
Ps4 & Amazon firestick.
+size 9 feet..iphone 7 plus..
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6.airplay..

Airplay is between two Apple devices.

From, say, an iPad to an Apple TV, connected to your TV.

Dereklad
Superfast
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Its for devices that are on the same network. Not specifically apple devices..i for instance can airplay to an amazonfirestick with the appropriate apps installed from my iphone..
The question is still open..

Cable customer from its inception in 80's in Birmingham .have never missed a bill payment.my package is big kahuna xl tv..200mb internet..and free sky movies for 6 months..+tivo box.
Ps4 & Amazon firestick.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I stand corrected but...

1. I suggest an appropriate app for TiVo to allow AirPlay is unlikely to happen;

2. What advantage would such a function give you over your existing AmazonFireSticky thing?

0 Kudos
Dereklad
Superfast
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Its a convenience thing,i would i deally want to use my v6(hopefully if its fitted tomorrow) to be the all singing all dancing device..plus the v6 should be moore powerfull than the firestick..

Ps4 & Amazon firestick.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Dereklad wrote:
Its a convenience thing,i would i deally want to use my v6(hopefully if its fitted tomorrow) to be the all singing all dancing device..plus the v6 should be moore powerfull than the firestick..

It's also a revenue protection thing - chances are quite high that money will have changed hands for Netflix, YouTube, etc... to be on the box, Adding in a generic casting option circumvents the process and that revenue stream.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +โ˜…button.โ†˜ If it's an answer to your query, click Options. โ†‘
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
Rs101
Dialled in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Can you cast to the Youtube app on the v6 from an Android/IOS device?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

You could do it on TiVo because the YouTube app is installed.

That's a different mechanism to the box having Airplay or Google Cast support.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +โ˜…button.โ†˜ If it's an answer to your query, click Options. โ†‘
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos