Menu
bosstrade
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

V6 Install/Upgrade Cost

Just been told the upgrade price is £49.95 PLUS a £14.95 activation fee!!

Is that correct or is CS (via chat) poorly informed??

0 Kudos
jgordon99
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Install/Upgrade Cost

@bosstrade that's what mine was and i'm on Full House XL package with VIVID 200 fibre. That's best you'll get anyway so wouldn't argue :-)
0 Kudos
Strangeland16
Up to speed
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yes that's spot on totaly correct
0 Kudos
bosstrade
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Wasn't expecting an activation fee as well!
Money grabbing so and so's.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi bosstrade, 

Thanks for your posts Smiley Happy

As mentioned by others, that price is correct. 

An Activation charge is payable for any new piece of equipment unless we are replacing the equipment due to a fault. 

Apologies you were not aware of this before hand. 

Did you manage to get your V6 order in?

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
JSF77
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath_F

I'm new to the Community, though have been with VM for two years. I have "Full House (XL)" package and "Vivid 200 Optical Fibre". We use two "Tivo" boxes and I'm looking to Upgrade them to V6's. Would I be correct to assume, then, that I would have to pay the Installation fee + the Activation fee twice (especially if we get them done on different dates) ?

My second question is more technical, apologies !! Is it possible to transfer my "series links" from the old Tivo's to the new V6's, and would the Installer be willing to instruct me how to do it when he visits ? 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

JSF77 wrote:

Hi Kath_F

I'm new to the Community, though have been with VM for two years. I have "Full House (XL)" package and "Vivid 200 Optical Fibre". We use two "Tivo" boxes and I'm looking to Upgrade them to V6's. Would I be correct to assume, then, that I would have to pay the Installation fee + the Activation fee twice (especially if we get them done on different dates) ?

My second question is more technical, apologies !! Is it possible to transfer my "series links" from the old Tivo's to the new V6's, and would the Installer be willing to instruct me how to do it when he visits ? 

The 2nd part of your question is easy to answer, yes you can transfer them simply go to tvanywhere http://anywhere.virginmedia.com/

not sure if the engineer would know this as it isn't really a part of their job, they might it depends on the engineer

sign in and go to manage my series links and you should be able to copy them over, your 1st question you pay for the boxes and 1 activation fee if you have them done at the same tme, not sure what would happen if you had them done on different dates but I would imagine you'd pay two activation fees the 1st box is £49.99 and the 2nd £99.99 if you are on full house, the activation fee is £14,95

0 Kudos
JSF77
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you dannylau, your feedback on the "series links" is really good news for us.

However, regarding Upgrade/Activate costs its a "shock" that a second V6 Upgrade is £99.99 !! I saw a table somewhere on the Community that illustrated that it was a third V6 for "Full House" people, that would cost that much ? I will be careful when ordering, to get that clarified.

I forgot on my earlier post to mention my confusion regarding the impact on my Monthly Charges. The two advisors I have talked to at different times reviewed my package, then said my Monthly Charges would actually reduce, by about £6 (because of a discount) for 9 months, then increase from the original level, by £6 ? Does this sound normal, because again I have read about other people getting different Monthly costs ?

0 Kudos
shawty1984
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

dannylau wrote:

JSF77 wrote:

Hi Kath_F

The 2nd part of your question is easy to answer, yes you can transfer them simply go to tvanywhere http://anywhere.virginmedia.com/

not sure if the engineer would know this as it isn't really a part of their job, they might it depends on the engineer

sign in and go to manage my series links and you should be able to copy them over, your 1st question you pay for the boxes and 1 activation fee if you have them done at the same tme, not sure what would happen if you had them done on different dates but I would imagine you'd pay two activation fees the 1st box is £49.99 and the 2nd £99.99 if you are on full house, the activation fee is £14,95

I think you mean £49.99 each if going for two boxes on full house 200Mb.

0 Kudos
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos