Menu
TonyM
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

V6 Freezes on Wake up

3 times in the last 5 days the V6 Freezes when waking up and will not respond!

The only solution is to Pull the Power and then completely reboot the Box

This could be a major issue if you are recording at the time! as there are not recording warning Lights.

Vivid 300 +V 6 Rocks EXCEPT with AV AMPS
!!!! Shame Anywhere that is NOT on mobile network when out
0 Kudos
jommy999
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Freezes on Wake up

My V6 box is fine when waking up from sleep mode .i think your box must be a faulty one if it keep freeze when the box try to waking up. 

ps .My V6 is set automaticly to put into sleep mode without using it for 4 hours so every morning when i put on news it waking up fine.

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Mine has sort of done this a couple of times, as far as I can remember in both cases I had been watching something on iplayer before shutting down..

although in my case, it booted up and seemed semi normal for a few minutes until the remote sort of stops responding and it dies...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi TonyM, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Smiley Happy it's really great having you on board with us. 

I'm really sorry to hear that your V6 box keeps freezing. Smiley Sad 

Checking things at this end, we will need to get an engineer out to resolve things for you. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

StevieG57
Joining in
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

We've only had the new box a week or so but have also experienced a couple of times where the box wouldn't turn on. The only solution was to unplug and wait for it to go through the start-up phase.

Not being at all happy with the situation I called the support line and was told it is a known problem with a number of boxes. The only solution offered was to wait for a software update! I really would like to know if this is a problem that is going to get fixed soon or do I demand a new box?

For me the biggest problem with having all of your recordings in a box is that when it goes wrong or you want to change HW you lose everything you have recorded at that moment. Having a new box with very little recorded is this the time to get a new box now or if that isn't offered take the opportunity to go back to SKY?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi StevieG57, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear about the issues you have been having with your V6 box Smiley Sad 

I can see from your account that you have since called and things are working again. There is a known issue for the symptoms you have described although swapping the box won't help. As soon as there is a firmware update, we shall let you know Smiley Happy 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
mikero
Joining in
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Is there any update on this bug, We don't use the tivo often and this is making life really confusing for the family - they just don't get that the first step they have to take every time they want to use the tivo is to power it down. 

0 Kudos
tboman
Dialled in
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

I have had the same happen a few times. On waking there is no image displayed. You can get into the menus , but the menu system restart does not work, so have to power off the box and back on. Always recovers okay, but as someone said, a real pain if recording at the time.
0 Kudos
pgcowie
Dialled in
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

This has happened to my V6 3 times in the last week, is there a fix yet?

0 Kudos
mikero
Joining in
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

I am now regularly missing recordings with the box claiming 'power lost' or something like that when i check the missed recording records. This basically invalidates any value of having the Tivo, if its not available on 'watch again' I'm not getting it.

Can we have an update on the problem resolution?

0 Kudos