Menu
ABA
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

V6 Eco power

Can anyone advice where I can find information regarding setting up and operating eco power.

I have had an update to V6 and the noise in the bedroom is quite high and I understand that if I set up eco power it will disappear

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Eco power

Help & settings> settings> devices>Power saving settings

0 Kudos
ABA
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Have tried thse settings but the message rays that the V6 will not power down for 4 hours. Is it possible to power down now?

0 Kudos
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Just press the standby button.. 'Press the  Standby button to power down your Virgin TV V6 box. Any recordings that are in progress or scheduled will still take place. To power back up, press Standby again. There are loads of different ways to power up your V6 box. You can use any of these buttons: Home, Channel Up / Down, TV, Standby, or any number.

0 Kudos
ABA
Joining in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for reply. I think I might be barking up the wrong tree.

My problem is a continuous noise coming from the V6 box which I find quite disturbing during the night. I need to find a better solution than pulling the mains lead out of the back which of course shuts down the box instantly and peace reigns. I found a suggestion on the community site which suggested going into eco power mode. I have done this and and shut down using the power down button. This shuts the box down, the red light comes on, but the wirring noise continues. Looking at the notes on the tv screen regarding eco power it says the box will shut down in four hours. I want it to shut down in four minutes so we can go to sleep in quietness. Anybody any suggestions? I am tempted to tell Virgin I want my old box back which I have had for many years and slept in peace and quiet.

0 Kudos
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

If putting it in standby via the button doesn't stop the noise call Virgin. The box shouldn't be noisy.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

In Eco or Connected mode the Hard Disk should stop working after about 5 - 10 minutes of going into standby. However the box is programmed to contact the server every 2 hours & will fire up for a few minutes then. It will also pick up network updates at around 4am that require it to run for considerably longer.

I also have a box in the bedroom, which I find almost inaudible compared to the V+HD box I used to have.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

The whirring noise is a fan which seems to run constantly.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Ernie_C wrote:

The whirring noise is a fan which seems to run constantly.

Mine used to be constant with Always on mode, until I switched to Connected mode. Now as stated above it goes silent after a few minutes.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
ABA
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Please let me know what connected mode is and how do I find it. Thanks

0 Kudos