Menu
Kevin68
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade price

Is it fair to be asked to pay £104 to upgrade to the new V6 box as an existing customer. Free if your a new customer I was told.. does loyalty pay..?? 🙁
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade price

£104 is not a multiple that I've seen so far...

Should match up here:
http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/TiVo-V6-Pricing-Explained/td-p/3281148/jump-to/firs...

Although... were you opting for an attended installation?

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kevin68, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're unhappy with the pricing for the V6 box. 

Can I ask, were you called about the V6 box or did you call us? 

Depending on the package you are on, you'll either pay £49.95 for the box + £14.99 activation fee or £99.95 for the box + £14.99 activation fee. 

It certainly adds up if you've been quoted for a manned installation too as this usually costs £40. 

If you've been called by the Telesales team and offered the V6 as a Quickstart but choose to have a Manned Installation then this would be payable therefore taking the total up to either £104.94 or £154.94. 

Come back and let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Kevin68
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath,
I called them, I was not offered an install myself option, which would not be a problem to do. The guy said I have discounts applied to the package I am on at present and he was trying to upgrade my package from 150mb to 200mb on my internet speed and also giving BT sports. I do not need faster internet and am not a sports fan.. I explained I wanted more storage space for shows and I found the switching of the box seems to be lagged compared to the sky box I had. Unfortunately he was not interested. He stated I still had 9 month of the contract to run due to the discounts that where applied to my account. I will never get rid of my virgin broad band but when the time comes sky Q seems a very viable option.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kevin68, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this. 

If a self install isn't offered then there would be no manned install charge. 

Did you mean the £104 charge would be your new monthly amount? 

As an existing customer, you need to be on a minimum package in order to qualify for the V6 so this could be why you're being asked upgrade. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Kevin68
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi kath,
No £104 was not the new monthly amount, that was for virgin to supply the new V6 box
Regarding my TV package I believe it's XL
I also have 150mb broadband and also telephone with anytime calls.

Many thanks
Kev
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kev, 

Thanks for confirming that for me Smiley Happy

In that case, based on the package you've advised you're on, the one off charge for the box would be £99.95 + £14.99 activation fee. 

If you upgraded to the 200mb speed, it would only be £49.95 + £14.99 activation fee. 

Hope that clears things up Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Kevin68
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks kath for spending time clarifying things for me, I thinks it's a bit expensive.
I think I will just wait the 9 month and then get rid of the TV package.. virgin will then most probably offer me one of these boxs free of charge. At that point I will remind the retention team about my request back in January.. and tell them to stuff it..
once again thanks for your help.

Kev.
0 Kudos