Menu
BarryG2
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere - iPhone/iPad Problem

I have recently taken a V6 box which is working very well and is a considerable improvement over the previous TIVO box. I have TV anywhere installed on my iPhone and iPad and it works well with the exception of streaming the mainstream channels (BBC, ITV, Channels 4&5). Sky Arts and National Geographic works OK as does streaming shows from My Shows. Selecting a mainstream programme to watch from the guide and selecting Watch Now only offers the option of Watch on TV. My iPhone initially offered the option of watching on the phone but not any longer. Any ideas on what is causing this? I am minded to purchase a Telly Tablet but do not currently feel confident enough if TV anywhere does not work on the either an iPhone or iPad.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TV Anywhere - iPhone/iPad Problem

Double check that you are selecting the SD versions of the channels as these are the only ones that will stream to a phone.  Also for BBC programmes the TV Anywhere app now links you to the BBC iplayer app to stream.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Double check that you are selecting the SD versions of the channels as these are the only ones that will stream to a phone.  Also for BBC programmes the TV Anywhere app now links you to the BBC iplayer app to stream.

BarryG2
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

That was the problem. Many thanks for your help.

0 Kudos