Menu
Up to speed
Message 11 of 21 (270 Views)

Re: Samsung 4k tv not compatable with V6

Try this. Connect it all and have it switched on to the point it goes black.

Home
Down 6 times and press ok
Down 1 and press ok
Down 6 times and press ok
Down 2 times and press ok

That will take you to the video output options. From here you can either press ok then down then ok then down to select them all or press right and ok to test formats. When mine came, it was originally set to something else.

Another thing. Go into the settings for the tv. Go into picture. Go to expert settings and turn HDMI UHD colour on!
Fresh
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 12 of 21 (259 Views)

Thank you I'll give that a go.

I am running it off a normal hdmi cable not a 4k one as I'm not fussed about netflix in Ultra hd as I already have this on my smart tv. Would this cause me any issues as I don't want to pay for 5 metres of 4k hdmi if it doesn't fix the issue.
0 Kudos
Up to speed
Message 13 of 21 (252 Views)

It shouldn't do. I say shouldn't though. Give them two options I've suggested a go and see what comes from it.
Fresh
Trouble shooter
Message 14 of 21 (243 Views)

You are plugging two 4k devices together and they will talk 4k even if not using it  -  a poor cable could be the issue.

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 300 Optical Fibre (300/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
0 Kudos
Fibre optic
Message 15 of 21 (238 Views)

Scottyd73 wrote:
Thank you I'll give that a go.

I am running it off a normal hdmi cable not a 4k one as I'm not fussed about netflix in Ultra hd as I already have this on my smart tv. Would this cause me any issues as I don't want to pay for 5 metres of 4k hdmi if it doesn't fix the issue.

There isn't really such a thing as a 4k cable and the majority of cables people already have should work for 4k, HDR and 3D. That's not to say it can't be the cable but if you have tried two then it is unlikely it is the cable. Have you tried different HDMI sockets on the TV?

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 16 of 21 (217 Views)

Ok so to explain my situation I have a false wall and all my cables are hidden behind hence my reluctance to have to change my hdmi cable.  Surely I'm no the only person the engineer has come across in a similar situation, but obviously I am.

So I digress i have managed to fix the issue by temporarily using the virgin provided 4k hdmi cable got the picture to come up and changed the video settings to include 1080 then switched back to my original 5 metre 1.4 hdmi cable which is hidden behind the wall and all is well with the world.  Phoned up and got the V6 box reactivated and it's working perfectly.

Thank you for all the help I got there in the end.

Rising star
Message 17 of 21 (214 Views)

good to hear you got it sorted Smiley Happy

Up to speed
Message 18 of 21 (186 Views)

Don't forget to turn on your HDMI UHD COLOUR option for future 4K Smiley Happy
Fresh
Tuning in
Message 19 of 21 (181 Views)

I have done it lol
0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 20 of 21 (178 Views)

shawty1984 wrote:

There isn't really such a thing as a 4k cable and the majority of cables people already have should work for 4k, HDR and 3D. That's not to say it can't be the cable but if you have tried two then it is unlikely it is the cable. Have you tried different HDMI sockets on the TV?

You're right that there isn't such as thing as a 4K cable, however there are HDMI cables that literally aren't designed for high bandwidth use, which includes 4K.

So to ensure that 4K works, you should always use a 'High Speed' certified HDMI cable http://www.hdmi.org/consumer/finding_right_cable.asp . This is the cable standard that is supplied with the V6 box.

Even some cables previously sent out by Virgin Media may not be this standard, as the older 'Standard Speed' HDMI cables will work for 1080i - which was all that was previously supported on Virgin Media STBs.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos