Menu
aderussell
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Questions about the V6

From the details of the V6 it says:

"Recordings, on demand programmes and live TV can be watched in one room, paused and continued in another room seamlessly through a Virgin TV V6 or TiVo box."

I originally had 2 Tivo boxes , and supposedly you could do this then,but every time I tried it it said the broadcaster did not allow it. I returned the second box because of this.This was a few years ago.

So, will the V6 allow this now? Can ALL recorded channels be watched this way? Or are there restrictions on some channels?

Secondly, as it says there will be no additional monthly charge, is the box still covered in case of faults or will we be charged for an engineer call-out? And if the box fails will we have to pay for a replacement?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Questions about the V6

Not sure on the first part because I've not had two TiVos for a while, but as always the kit remains property of VM (unless explicitly stated).

So yes, it remains their responsibility to keep working.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Are there any known HDCP compatibility problems with the V6? I am sure that I saw something about the V6 and Panasonic TVs. Not suggesting that it is neccessarily correct but it would be of interest to me.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi aderussell, 

Thanks for your post Smiley Happy

Not all shows are available to stream or download even if the channel is a streamable channel. This is because it all depends on the content rights from each channel. We’re obviously working with our content partners to continually improve this though Smiley Happy

With regards to faults and engineer visits, costs on these won't change. If there is a fault with the box then we will replace it free of charge unless the box has been purposely damaged by the customer. 

If there is anything else you would like to know, pop back here Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

frank_gm wrote:

Are there any known HDCP compatibility problems with the V6? I am sure that I saw something about the V6 and Panasonic TVs. Not suggesting that it is neccessarily correct but it would be of interest to me.

I recall this too but I think there was an intermediate device which was the issue, rather than V6 itself. I'll see if I can find the thread.

Found it:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/V6-AV-Receiver-and-HDCP-2-2-error/m-p/3265852#M594

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ernie_C wrote:

frank_gm wrote:

I recall this too but I think there was an intermediate device which was the issue, rather than V6 itself. I'll see if I can find the thread.

Found it:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/V6-AV-Receiver-and-HDCP-2-2-error/m-p/3265852#M594

Thanks, that maybe explains why I could not find it. I had searched for Panasonic TV.

Mine is a few years old but it was expensive, it provides an excellent picture and it basically does the job so no thought of a replacement until there is a need. Full HD only, no 4K, but I still find the latter a bit premature at this point.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos