Menu
mikeberg
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 25
Flag for a moderator

On the verge of leaving Virgin

I have been waiting for the new V6 to decide whether to stay or move to Sky Q. Sky made me a very good offer of less than £90 pm for 1 yr for same as I get with Virgin (but slower broadband and no BT Sport), and I would get Sky Atlantic. I am paying £146pm now.

So the new box is here and they offer me a deal of £107pm for a year. There is an installation fee, but if I want two V6s (i have two boxes now) the installation fee would be £160!! They could fit me in on Feb 9th! They are calling me back after escalating, but I think I am off, after a very long time with Virgin.

You would think they would try hard to keep their more valuable customers.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Re: On the verge of leaving Virgin

Installation fee for V6 is dependent on your package.

So it MAY be cheaper to change your package and THEN get 2xV6.

Try on Monday during office hours, 150. option 4 and 5, should land with onshore support who are more knowledgeable than offshore.

0 Kudos
mikeberg
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Thanks...I am on VIP package, so the most expensive. They said they would discount first box installation, but needed to charge full amount for 2nd box, so £160ish. Surely you should only pay one installation fee per visit??

0 Kudos
gordy66
Up to speed
Message 4 of 25
Flag for a moderator

I have been with Cable for over 20 years and mine is being installed on February 10th.
0 Kudos
Strangeland16
Up to speed
Message 5 of 25
Flag for a moderator

You are being charged wrong If your on VIP you should pay 49.95 for one v6 box plus one activation fee of 14.99 . Your second box is free with no second activation charge. I'm on VIP and just had 2x v6 done so know this is correct.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Now you've clarified your on VIP-As Strangeland16 has said, AFAIK that's wrong...

My understanding is

Box 1 49.95 + Box 2 Free  1 x £14.95 activation fee

Installation date is another issue. As its a week till Christmas, the next couple of weeks are a write off.  Any sensible provider has halted installations and allocated staff to fixes. So I cant see anything happening before a couple of weeks into the new year. V6 installs are a longer time-slot than a TiVo install and you've two so your looking at a booking when an engineer has an entire half day free. So at this time of year there IS going to be a delay.

Strangeland16
Up to speed
Message 7 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Kippies your correct up to the 2nd 14.99 you only pay 1 activation fee regardless what package your on if you have extra boxes . One of the virgin forum guys have confirmed this here

Scroll down and look for Teri post and I've just been billed for my install so know this is correct
0 Kudos
Strangeland16
Up to speed
Message 8 of 25
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
Strangeland16
Up to speed
Message 9 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Also here
community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/TiVo-V6-Pricing-Explained/td-p/3281148
0 Kudos
Strangeland16
Up to speed
Message 10 of 25
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos