Menu
Csilverberg
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No audio with Netflix on V6 box

Hi - 

Just had v6 box installed, and Netflix audio does not play when it is set to Dolby 5.1 (English).  It plays when I set it to regular English - but that is not ideal.

All other regular channels play 5.1 just fine when watching TV.   

Settings in the V6 box are set to Dolby digital 5.1, not PCM

My setup is that I have a HDMI from the V6 box going to my surround setup, which normally handles 5.1 with no problem - it is a Sonos system.   Netflix 5.1 on my AppleTv works just fine!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: No audio with Netflix on V6 box

Hi Csilverberg, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community Smiley Happy 

If audio isn't working when set to Dolby 5.1, try changing to Dolby > PCM. Has this changed anything or are you still getting the same issue?

Pop back and let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
pyrotenax
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

What happens when you set it to "PCM" ?

Running ASUS RT-AC88U with Asuswrt-Merlin firmware
0 Kudos
Csilverberg
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi all,

If I set audio settings for the box to PCM, then I get sound on Netflix ( and everywhere), but in Stereo, not in 5.1. So while this gets me audio, it's not really a solution - it gets me the same result as if I were on Dolby settings, and if I set Netflix to regular audio. I guess I'll continue using my AppleTV for Netflix for now.

Thanks for your help, guys!!
0 Kudos
Csilverberg
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Any updates to this?  Just checked and still no Audio when it's set to 5.1.   Shame Virgin is not updating and fixing glitches.  Though not surprising from Virgin Media, I guess, given we are already signed up.   If we were prospective customers, they would promise the world and even offer to fix it!

0 Kudos