Menu
SuiSui
Tuning in
Message 1 of 28
Flag for a moderator

No Clock on V6 BOX ??

So when the original tivo box was launched, it was not an entirely aesthetically pleasing box to look at.... agreed by most users and even engineers.

So to my amazement I see the same with the V6 box ..... wow you've made it smaller - well done.  Hopefully it's quieter - I don't know because I am not going to pay the over-inflated installation price of £114 !!!!   ridiculous amount for an engineer to come and literally swap it.  If you've paid £114 then good for you because you can obviously afford it.  This charge is how they're making their money back on this equipement.

I've been with Virgin Media before the birth of half of their call centre agents and they want to charge me for another 'SHODDY' bit of plastic (which probably rattles away like the tivo) ....

I've just had a lenghty phone call (1hr 20min - never had a call less than 30 minutes) regarding this upgrade which I thought I'd be entitled to as I've paid 1000's into virgin media........ so no thanks

BUT BUT this is the my main gripe - why hasn't the new box V6 got a clock and a channel indicator ???   who the hell designed this ? and who the hell signed it off ?  and what's more .... please don't tell me the remote is the same - some pics show the same old remote, some had a slightly squarer one .... which is it ?....

I don't care to be honest because I will never buy into this ..... other than being able to record 5 programs (due to increased storage) and watch another (who wants to record 5 programs anyway?) it's just a gimmick ......... sell it to me like ..... we've put a digital clock and channel indicator and maybe even somthing else a bright spark may have thought of ...... a bright spark is what you need virgin media .... not another run of the mill piece of equipment that your advertising like its some must have ........

Please people reply to this ------ am I the only one thinking this way ? (nobody even questioned the clock thing until I mentioned it in my last call)

0 Kudos
deans6571
Super solver
Message 2 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Clock on V6 BOX ??

...a clock? Smiley Very Happy  Really....?!??!

Why don't you call VM and request one of these:

V+HD.JPG

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SuiSui
Tuning in
Message 3 of 28
Flag for a moderator

why not ?  maybe we're used to using the mobile or remote to see what time it is (of course watch wearers know what time it is!)..... or to see what channel the box is on.... it's a matter of convenience and an aid for a poorly designed product...

0 Kudos
SuiSui
Tuning in
Message 4 of 28
Flag for a moderator

didn't even know they do these ??

Was not offered it on my lenghty call .......

is this a US tivo ?

0 Kudos
Calzor_Suzay
Tuning in
Message 5 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Surely in this day and age you should be able to speak to it and it answers back, "Tivo!, What's the time and when is my next planned recording on?" Smiley Happy
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 28
Flag for a moderator

It is a V+ that they are slowly phasing out as it is 10 years old or so now.
All boxes are TiVos now Whether original or V6 and neither of them have a clock or a channel number displayed.

Just to make things worse the V6 doesn't even show that it is recording, now I do have a slight issue with that one myself but you kind of get used to it.
SuiSui
Tuning in
Message 7 of 28
Flag for a moderator

calzor ---- your 100percent

that what I also thought .... they just drip feed this so called technology to us .... it's a shame as we're the ones paying for inadequate services

0 Kudos
SuiSui
Tuning in
Message 8 of 28
Flag for a moderator

thanks deans for the image - will investigate...

0 Kudos
deans6571
Super solver
Message 9 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Calzor_Suzay wrote:
Surely in this day and age you should be able to speak to it and it answers back, "Tivo!, What's the time and when is my next planned recording on?" Smiley Happy

...that will be on VM's next box - the V7!

Smiley Very Happy

Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 28
Flag for a moderator

You can't now choose to get a V+ HD box. Virgin Media only have either the older TiVo or the V6 box available for their TV service.

A channel display is out of date when you have multiple tuners that you can watch. It was on the V boxes because all them (including the V+ HD) all had a dedicated viewing tuner. Therefore it was easy to display what you were watching on the front.

Also a clock on a piece of technology is a very 80s/90s thing as it was an easy thing to do ad to the existing display and it was not that common to have a digital clock in all homes - compared to now with mobile phones, computers etc.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own