Menu
Ted2
Dialled in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

New install. V6 stuck in a permanent loop and won't come out of it.

V6 installed yesterday. Engineer took 20 minutes and as soon as it worked he left. The V6 shut down done some more updates and after a reboot it started working. Sat down to enjoy the football, Derby v Leicester FA cup on BBC HD and the V6 shut down. I have done everything possible, changing HDMI leads, manual reboots and left it on overnight in case it needed updates. It has been stuck in a permanent loop of orange light (welcome logo's) and white light (start up) and that is it. No amount of reboots will solve the problem. I phoned Virgin Tech team who made some tests and I was told the only solution was to send out by courier another V6 box as mine was faulty. I can just swap  over the V6 's  and see if it will start up. I won't need an Engineer. I am left with no TV until a new box arrives.

Has anyone else had this problem?

0 Kudos
Sandrah
Dialled in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: New install. V6 stuck in a permanent loop and won't come out of it.

Not what I wanted to hear, was toying with the idea of ordering a V6 but now have changed my mind,  this is the reason I have a TV ariel installed outside....I am so sick of the boxes not working and being left with no TV at all, at least now I can put my  smart TV  over to freeview  and watch stuff, I honestly think the old HD boxes were the best, most certainly better than Tivo.. [which is what I have]......what a load of carp that is,

0 Kudos
Ted2
Dialled in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I know what you mean Sandrah. I have gone straight from Samsung V+ box to V6. I have no experience of the Tivo. The V6 has an aeriel plug adapter unlike the V+ box that the fibre optic cable plugged straight into. I have been a customer since it was NTL.  My V+ box was manufactured in 2002 and I had no problems with it but I wanted to upgrade to the VIVID 200 broadband and was offered the V6 for free which was a good deal. I think if Virgin had sent these V6 out on approval nearly all would have been sent back. I still have the V+ box and if the replacement V6 doesn't work satisfactorily I think I will get them to reactivate the V+ box. The Virgin TV Anywhere doesn't even work on my PC but the BBC, ITV and C4 own sites works on my PC so I can watch that. My V6 has ended up with O-L-D, (Orange Light of Death).    

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ted2, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue with your V6 box Smiley Sad 

This isn't what we like to hear. How have things been since you posted? Has the replacement box arrived yet? 

I understand it's frustrating when something doesn't work first time round but hopefully the replacement will solve any issues and you can enjoy the V6 experience like so many others Smiley Happy

Keep us posted on how things are. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Ted2
Dialled in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Kath_F wrote:

Hi Ted2, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue with your V6 box Smiley Sad 

This isn't what we like to hear. How have things been since you posted? Has the replacement box arrived yet? 

I understand it's frustrating when something doesn't work first time round but hopefully the replacement will solve any issues and you can enjoy the V6 experience like so many others Smiley Happy

Keep us posted on how things are. 

Thanks,

Hi Kath, Yeah I now have a working V6 box. Been on the phone to Tech Dept as the HD quality isn't up to par with my old box but that's the only issue so far and I am working through that trying to get it sorted. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ted2, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this and I'm glad things are working now as they should be. 

If you have any further faults going forward, come back and let us know here. 

As a new V6 user, have a browse through the other threads. and jump in if you have any advice or tips that may be of use to others.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos