Menu
markie1966
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

New Box and Hub

Hey guys i hope this is in the right forum..if not could someone move it to the right one?

Im getting the new tivo v6 box and hub3 soon as an upgrade. When chatting to the rep they said it needs a network cable between the v6 box and the hub...the thing is my v6 box will be downstairs and hub will be upstairs. So a few questions....will the engineer drill 2 holes and take the cable up the outside wall.....or if i put my own cable in internally would that do..and if i do does it need to be cat 5 or cat 6? thanks for the help

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Box and Hub

it can be wireless but wired is better.

You can use cat5e no need for cat6.

You could also use power line adapters if wired can't be done and wireless is not good.

VM will not install network cable for you.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Box and Hub

The install will not include the network cable. You will have to do this yourself as it is part of your home network & not owned by Virgin.

You can either:

1) Install an ethernet cable run yourself.

2) Set up a Powerline connection between the two through the house electrical system.

3) Opt to use WiFi. The least desirable option & not recommended as a high speed connection is required.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos