Menu
the_guvnor
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Netflix app on V6 buffering and cutting out

The Netflix app on my new V6 seems very flaky. On average, once per program, the show will pause and buffer (screen shows a percent loaded-type of count) for several seconds. Other times, not so often, the resolution will drop out to shonky pixelated levels. On a handful of occasions, the buffering will stop at 25% and eventually cut the show completely, showing an error screen instead. On these occasions restarting the show will usually work, but not always.

Every time I have noted this happening, I have doublechecked Netflix access via my laptop. It's always fine, never a problem to run shows via the laptop. Same for the PS4 - I can watch shows via this quite happily, but it's not ideal to use the PS4 as it's in a completely different room!

So it seems the app on the V6 box is the common component. The box seems quite happy otherwise, very responsive, no issues with broadcast channels.

Any ideas or known issues with the app?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
elfin101
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix app on V6 buffering and cutting out

I'm not 100% sure but I think this is not a V6 specific issue. I've experienced the same issue, so I have immediately swapped to the app on my TV, and had the same issue again. So that either points at an issue on Netflix's end, of it being a VM/Netflix network issue. But either way it is extremely annoying.
0 Kudos
elfin101
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Happened again today, I notice when accessing via my TV that a lot of the thumbnails took ages to show.
0 Kudos
culeys
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

We've just had Virgin fibre installed 2 days ago and cannot play Netflix either through V6 box or TV since installation, with error message 'we cannot play this title right now' appearing on every title we try to play.   Also, the super 200mps we were promised = 150mps if in front of the router, and only single digit mps upstairs where kids are who I actually bought it for.  Was sold on the promise of powerful wi-fi. Super annoying, and going to cancel contract and go back to Sky if not sorted ASAP. 

0 Kudos