Menu
bg2
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Free V6 BOX

Hi just been offered a free V6 Box via phone to replace a tivo with £20 activation fee only. Was told my bill would not increase at all.  So have agreed to take new box my question is as I am half way through a 12 month discounted payment contract is this going to be considered a new contract ?

Could someone from the forum team please confirm that my current payment will not change untill the 12 month period is up. 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
VM001
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Free V6 BOX

I was in exactly the same position as you, in a contract and getting a loyalty discount.  My bill has been generated, and the only thing that has changed is the £20 one off charge.  Everything else has stayed the same including my loyalty discount.

bg2
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Many thanks thats good to hear did you do your own set-up with new box and how are you finding it ?

0 Kudos
VM001
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It was an engineer install because the router was in another room (although I could have done it myself as I have a 15m ethernet cable running from the router to a 8 port switch box at the rear of the television and this connects to the Tivo box (among other things)).  

The box is lightening quick compared to the old box, and although it is early days yet, I am pleased with the box.  Couldn't see myself going back to the old slow Tivo box now.

All Replies
VM001
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I was in exactly the same position as you, in a contract and getting a loyalty discount.  My bill has been generated, and the only thing that has changed is the £20 one off charge.  Everything else has stayed the same including my loyalty discount.

bg2
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Many thanks thats good to hear did you do your own set-up with new box and how are you finding it ?

0 Kudos
VM001
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It was an engineer install because the router was in another room (although I could have done it myself as I have a 15m ethernet cable running from the router to a 8 port switch box at the rear of the television and this connects to the Tivo box (among other things)).  

The box is lightening quick compared to the old box, and although it is early days yet, I am pleased with the box.  Couldn't see myself going back to the old slow Tivo box now.

bg2
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

thanks for info
0 Kudos