Menu
frenchfries
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Disingenuous Virgin

The whole idea behind replacing the V+ box upstairs with the Tivo which was downstairs (itself being replaced by a V6) was to being able to keep my tv programs by streaming them to the new V6.

As it turns out it is not possible, how stupid is that!  More to the point, what is the point in being able to stream from the main box (my V6) to the TIVO upstairs which is clearly not the most used of the 2!  If you can download the recording settings (which I did) from the TIVO to the V6 why not being able to migrate the programs as well?

I can watch recorded programs on both boxes on the app.  Big deal, who cares. 

And I miss my little red lights telling me that a program (or 3) is recording Smiley Sad

I will get used to all that but for the time being I am not happy.

Rant over

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Disingenuous Virgin

frenchfries wrote:
Hello

V6 and TIVO are both wirelessly connected to the Hub3 that came in as well Smiley Happy

That is your problem. A TiVo can't be connected to your home network by wifi (unless you have some additional equipment which I am sure you don't have).

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 12 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You can't transfer (copy) recordings from one box to the other just stream them.

0 Kudos

All Replies
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

As long as the V6 and old TiVo are connected to the same network - and you have waited for up to 24 hours after install - this should work fine.  It does here.

What error are you getting?

frenchfries wrote:

The whole idea behind replacing the V+ box upstairs with the Tivo which was downstairs (itself being replaced by a V6) was to being able to keep my tv programs by streaming them to the new V6.

As it turns out it is not possible, how stupid is that!  More to the point, what is the point in being able to stream from the main box (my V6) to the TIVO upstairs which is clearly not the most used of the 2!  If you can download the recording settings (which I did) from the TIVO to the V6 why not being able to migrate the programs as well?

I can watch recorded programs on both boxes on the app.  Big deal, who cares. 

Rant over

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

What you want is indeed possible. You simply don't have it working.

How is your TiVo connected to your home network, powerline adapters or direct Ethernet cable?

Can you see the TiVo at the foot of the My Shows menu on the V6?

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I am not sure I understand the problem. I can watch recordings from my V6 on my TiVo and vice-versa. Can you clarify?

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
frenchfries
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi All

Everything is wirelessly connected to the new Hub3 that was also installed now on 200MG speed.  However, this evening I went to the settings for the TIVO and did something in the "Network" submenu.  It did Connect Disconnect and a few other things.  That I had not done before, is this related?

Yesterday, on the Virgin website I did also name both boxes, designated V6 as the main one and also downloaded the settings from TIVO to the V6.  That has worked.  

0 Kudos
frenchfries
Tuning in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hello

V6 and TIVO are both wirelessly connected to the Hub3 that came in as well Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
frenchfries
Tuning in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I do not see TIVO anywhere on the menu for the V6
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

frenchfries wrote:
Hello

That is your problem. A TiVo can't be connected to your home network by wifi (unless you have some additional equipment which I am sure you don't have).

0 Kudos
frenchfries
Tuning in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Aha

Customer service told me earlier this afternoon that I could watch V6 programs on the TIVO but not the other way around.  Should I call their technical support and find out what they can do?  Could I run an ethernet cable to the modem from the TIVO but let the V6 on wireless and "transfer" my recorded programs? 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

You can watch your TiVo recordings on the TV connected to your V6 and you can watch your V6 recordings on the TV connected to your TiVo but both the V6 and the TiVo must be connected to your Superhub.

TiVo can connect by powerline adapters or direct Ethernet cable to your Superhub.

V6 can connect by wifi in addition to powerline adapters and direct Ethernet cable to your Superhub.

0 Kudos