Menu
piezor
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Confused by V6 options

I currently only take 50mb broadband with virgin and have my TV through sky. Reasons for paying far too much money for separate providers are simple,

1) there's a utilisation issue in my area that has existed for a year now causing regular issues with that 50mb connection

2) the regular TiVo box is awful to use due to it being so slow and unresponsive 

I received an offer through the post for "100mb and fun tv with a regular TiVo" for £30 a month frozen for 2 years. Given I pay more than that just for 50mb broadband (plus another £60 to sky for TV with sports) I had to give it consideration.

I called customer services and explained the issue. To get the same bundle with the V6 box instead the advisor said it would be £84 per month!!

I asked if there were any better options to take the full house bundle with broadband so i'd keep some sports channels with BT sport (with or without a phone line if it makes things cheaper).
This came back at 100mb, full house, talk weekends at £79 per month but she would discount it to £59 for the first 12 months. I'd then have to pay £15 activation fee plus an additional £100 for the V6 box.

I wasn't happy with that much of an upfront cost and the numbers being thrown around so the advisor was going to call me back later that day after i'd thought about it (they never did).

however, looking at the new customer offers you can get 200mb, full house, phone and V6 for £55 and just £15 up front. 

I don't understand how the upfront costs are justified for me. yes i'm an existing broadband customer but I have no existing TV with virgin media. It's just crazy.

It also comes at a time i'm looking at saving some money on my TV/broadband package which is why I called but at this point I'm thinking it may be better just speaking to sky about taking everything with them and cancelling.

Does that sound correct that they would want to charge £100 up front for a new full house TV deal?

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Confused by V6 options

You would be better cancelling virgin and saying you are going to sky as you want all from the same supplier and sky will give you a completely free install, hopefully they will match it

piezor
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

definitely worth a shot
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi piezor, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear there's been some confusion when enquiring about an upgrade to V6. 

Flyers that come through the door are usually for new customers and we do match them without any introductory offer. 

As a customer you would of already of had an offer when you first joined. 

As an existing customer, in order to have the V6 box, you would need a minimum broadband speed of 100mb. This would mean an upfront payment of £99.95 + £14.99 activation fee.

If you upgrade to 200mb then the upfront payment would be £49.95 + £14.99 activation fee. 

If you speak to the team, there may be an extra discount available as you're not a TV customer yet. Speak to them on 150 / 0345 454 1111.

Come back and let me know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos