Menu
adrianenler
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

sony xperia

I was on my phone and i noticed the low battery flashing ,i connected it to the charger ,but the screen went black with picture of a charger ,the phone won't switch on or charger .I contacted virgin and they said it was still under warranty and they would post me package to return the phone.About a week later i received a call from there tech department ,telling me that there was damage to sim area and the phone wasn't covered because of this damage ,I asked them to sent me a photo of the damage area .i received it by email and it look like someone had taken a screwdriver to the sim card holder .About a 5 days later i received  my phone back ,but the after checking it there was no damage to my phone ,i took photo of my phone and compared my photos to the one virgin email and look likes a complete different phone .I rang virgin and they have more or less told me  theres nothing they can do,i spoke to the tech guy at virgin ,he hung up on me. Ive tried to find a email address to email the photos,but can't find any .  Any help would be much appreciate   

Helpful Answers
jamesglynn
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: sony xperia

I am having the exact same problem right now with a sony aqua , I can't believe how rude the staff have been to me and I feel like they are trying to blame me for something which is was not my fault. They tried telling me I had damaged the usb part when I sent my phone back after it had gone blank. I tried to explain that it was charged and was capable of charging when it went blank and that it was acting funny all day prior to that point and it was clearly an internal error .I had not damaged the usb area and that was not even why I was sending it back for repair so its a bit like putting your car in the garage because the engine has failed and have the mechanic tell you its not working because it needs new tyres. I can not believe how incompetent the tech team and rude the customer service is and they are clearly fobbing me off here. But I am without a phone now and it is giving me so much stress, I have an ill daughter I need to be in contact with, I have lost jobs as I rely on customers phoning me for orders and I am just going to go elsewhere and tear up my contract , they can send me as many bills as they like but I am not going to pay for a service I am not recieving.
0 Kudos

All Replies
jamesglynn
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I am having the exact same problem right now with a sony aqua , I can't believe how rude the staff have been to me and I feel like they are trying to blame me for something which is was not my fault. They tried telling me I had damaged the usb part when I sent my phone back after it had gone blank. I tried to explain that it was charged and was capable of charging when it went blank and that it was acting funny all day prior to that point and it was clearly an internal error .I had not damaged the usb area and that was not even why I was sending it back for repair so its a bit like putting your car in the garage because the engine has failed and have the mechanic tell you its not working because it needs new tyres. I can not believe how incompetent the tech team and rude the customer service is and they are clearly fobbing me off here. But I am without a phone now and it is giving me so much stress, I have an ill daughter I need to be in contact with, I have lost jobs as I rely on customers phoning me for orders and I am just going to go elsewhere and tear up my contract , they can send me as many bills as they like but I am not going to pay for a service I am not recieving.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hi adrianenler

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry to hear about the issues you've had with your phone and that our independent repair centre have deemed your repair would be chargeable.

As you say you don't feel there's any damage to the device you can identify, you could send the device in to Sony directly for repair who could offer a second opinion. If they feel the warranty is still valid, they may repair the phone free of charge for you. You'll find all their contact details here.

Please let me know if there's anything else we can help with.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos