Menu
sashymac1984
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

moved house phone not working

My phone line has not been working since I moved two months ago. I would like a reduction on my bill for this as I did contact you to let you know.

When I told you I was moving you advised me to install the equipment myself and if I needed further assistance to get back in touch. I am still waiting.

I received a letter from you which I have attached a copy.

Please send an engineer out and arrange a credit for loss of service and delays in resolving.

Sasha McAllister

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: moved house phone not working

Hi sashymac1984,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear that your landline isn't working after your house move. 

I have not been able to access your account via your Forum details so that I can run testing on your line. If the below checks have already been done, I can schedule an engineer to call out to get this fixed for you.

Please verify the following checks:

• Check the phone – Please try another phone to check if the line is the issue (required on no dial tone faults). Is the phone turned on and if it is, are the batteries correctly inserted & charged? **If you don't have an alternative phone handset to try, please try your phone on a different landline (friend/relative/neighbour's landline) and see if it works**
  • Check the socket – Check the phone is plugged into the right socket; you’d be surprised how often it’s not. Ensure it is plugged into the Virgin Media socket with the logo or if no logo exists, the correct phone socket.
  • Check the extension – Is it connected properly? Does the problem persist if the phone is plugged directly into the Virgin Media socket with the logo or if no logo exists, the correct phone socket?

I'll send you a private message requesting further details so that I can arrange an appointment for you if you are still having the fault on the line after doing the above checks. Just click the purple envelope at the top right of this page. 

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sasha,

I've just sent you pm requesting further details. Please respond to this so I can arrange an engineer appointment for you.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sasha,

As per your pm, I've tried ringing you a further 4 times since your last post and each time the call goes straight to voicemail. Please call in on 0345 454 1111 to discuss this issue so that we can get this sorted out for you.

Kind regards,

0 Kudos
sashymac1984
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You told me that the account had not been changed from my previous house which was **********Seaton. I am not sure how you have manage to keep my old address as I did speak to someone and informed them of my new address ****************** and they asked me to set up the phone and internet in the new house myself! However they did say if I had problems to get back in touch and an engineer would visit to get everything working. Two months on and I am still waiting for an engineer - this service is unhelpful and to be honest, diabolical. I need an engineer to fix my house phone, you did say you would send one to do this. I feel that you are trying everything possible not to send one. I need to know when I am out of contract as I will be seriously considering leaving VIRGIN MEDIA due to this issue.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sasha,

Just to make this clear--an engineer cannot be sent to you until you contact Customer Services to correct your account address.

Because your services are not showing at your current address you will need to call in to get this sorted out. Last week I offered to ring you so that I could transfer you through Customer Services to get this sorted out, however you did not answer any of the numerous calls I made to you that day.

We are not refusing to send an engineer--your account address is not correct, so we cannot send an engineer to you until this has been corrected. This is beyond the capabilities of the Forum Team because we cannot activate a house move or change of address, so this is why you will have to call in or go through WebChat.

To call in please ring us on 150 (free from a Virgin Media landline & Virgin Media mobile) or 0345 454 1111 (from any other phone). To contact us via WebChat go to Contact Us

Kind regards,

0 Kudos