Menu
hinchey1
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

landline issue

Haven't had a landline for the past 2 days.

Run Service status, which said there could be issues with the broadband in my area but Service status on phone only shows no issues.

Anyone else getting  this ?

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: landline issue

Hi hinchey1,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your landline.

I've run a diagnostic on your line and I can't see any open network issues. If the line is still down, we'll need to get a technician to take a look at it.

I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange an appointment.

Look forward to hearing from you!  Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
steph1604
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have not had a working landline throughout a year of service. I don't have a dialing tone, there is slight crackling on the line, you can dial in and the phone and base will ring but I cannot answer it.

All connections are to the correct place.

I ran a test online and the results were inconclusive.

I know the phone was switched directly from Sky to Virgin Media and was working up until the day of the switch. Has never worked since plus I know I have now paid for a full year now-possibly longer- and I am not getting the use of my landline even though I have been paying for the service that I'm not receiving.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello steph1604

Sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing with your telephone line and I would like to welcome you to the community.

I have been able to locate your account to run a line check and I would like to send one of the team out to you to get this fixed so if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of your screen you will see a message waiting for you.

Speak to you soon.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey Steph1604

Just checking in to see if you're still experiencing issues with your phone line?

We've not heard from you since your initial post but if you're still experiencing the issue, get in touch and we'll do what we can to help.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos