Menu
Liane
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Engineer fake visit

I've just taken a day's holiday (2/12/16) to wait for an engineer between 12 and 4pm. He parked up outside the house at 12.02 and then drove off without even getting out of his van. My phone has now been out of order for 2 weeks. ;No communication other than texts to ask me if I want to cancel the appointment, no apology and it's absolutely IMPOSSIBLE to speak to anyone. I just keep getting sent through to the same automated response which is trying to get me to book yet another appointment next Tuesday. As if I want to lose another day's pay!!? AND the phone's only been broken since Virgin were digging up outside the house.Time to move to Sky I think. Does anyone have a fast phone route in to anyone at Virgin that doesn't involve having to listen to Robbie Williams screeching down the phone for half an hour??
0 Kudos
Liane
Joining in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Engineer fake visit

UNBELIEVABLE! I finally got through to someone and they told me that the engineer couldn't gain access. This is despite me watching him park up outside my house and then drive off. They won't get me another appointment until next Tuesday when I'll be expected to lose another day's annual leave to watch another idiot engineer park up outside my house for 30 seconds and drive off again! And they'll only credit the phone line for the last 10 days and when I said, don't bother fixing it, I'll go to BT they said they'd keep on charging me for the broken line. Crooks!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Liane,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thank you for bringing this to our attention. I'm very sorry that you have had a phone line fault for two week and that the engineer did not fix this issue. 

I have notified the area field manager of this. Checking the schedule, I can see that appointment has been rescheduled for you with our Senior Technician.  I have requested that you be contacted immediately if there are any cancellations between now and your appointment.

I understand how frustrating this situation is, exacerbated by the facts that the fault has been ongoing for so long, the engineer didn't show up and when you called in to get this resolved, we could only reschedule the appointment for you. 

If we have any cancellations and can get a technician out to you sooner, we will be in touch. 

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

Liane
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

This is unbelievable!  I've just taken another days annual leave and the engineer hasn't turned up again!!  I've been sat looking out the window all afternoon and nothing. How can you think this is acceptable?!

0 Kudos
Liane
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

And now Joseph on the helpline has told me the call was automatically cancelled at 8am this morning.  This is strange as I received an automated text at 3.50pm telling me they were on their way. Apparently all he can do is book me another appointment for another day so I'm expected to take a third days annual leave to watch out the window for someone that never comes and, in the meantime, my phone's now been out of order for nearly 3 weeks.  Is it just me that's having this nightmare or are other Virgin customers suffering the same treatment?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Liane,

I'm sorry to hear that this has happened again! Checking on this, I can see that our dispatch department confirmed that the appointment was cancelled via the SMS that was sent to you. 

I can see that the appointment has been rescheduled for you again. I have noted the work order with your contact mobile number, but removed it from receiving the SMS so that this doesn't happen again, but if there is a problem we can still contact you.

Please let me know how this goes.

Thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Liane
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Terri, why on earth would I cancel an appointment that I'd taken an days annual leave to wait for?  Can you explain why, if this appointment had been cancelled, why I received two further texts (one of them just half an hour before the appointment) confirming the engineers visit?  I have no annual leave left now so am unable to take any more time off in order to get this fixed.  Considering it's highly likely this fault was caused by Virgin digging up the road outside the house, I'm not sure why access to the property is needed.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Liane

My apologies for this repeat issue that has affected you with the booking.

I appreciate your points here and can see that this has been logged as a complaint for you on Saturday so this is in hand and left open as requested until after the appointment has completed

I can also see a subsequent booking has been made for a future date that you've agreed with my colleague Dan.

Please keep in touch if you need anything else from us and we'll do whatever we can to support you.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos