Menu
RogerO46
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Unable to receive incoming calls

I transferred from TalkTalk to Virgin yesterday (7/3/17) and have been unable to receive calls despite 24 hours elapsing. When I rang Virgin I was told the line is still with TalkTalk and needed to ring them, rang TalkTalk who said the formal transfer request had not been received from Virgin. Rang Virgin and explained what was required. The answer was the transfer request will be made but it may be next Monday before the service is reinstated and I can receive calls.

Is this typical of the service and have I made a mistake in transferring and will I be compensated for my lack of service  

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to receive incoming calls

This is certainly not typical.

Only a couple of weeks ago now I transferred from BT to Virgin Media.  The day the installer came they called their office to action the porting of the number.  This was done within a few minutes and everything had transferred over by the time they had left.

If you contact Virgin Media they will definitely be able to refund you for the time you are without service but normally don't 'compensate' anything above that.  Although they have been known to depending on the circumstances.

Giving them a call is probably the best thing as although Virgin Media staff do reply on this public forum it normally takes them up to a week to respond.

You could give their loyalty department a call - They are UK based and very good to deal with this type of thing.  When you call just choose the option that you are thinking of leaving from the automated menu and you'll be put through to them.

Please reply back on here to let us know how you get on.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi RogerO46

I'm very sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your phone service recently. as backtothefuture has mentioned, this certainly isn't typical. 

I've located your account to take a closer look at this and can see the ticket for the order is currently being processed, they'll be in touch within a maximum of 3 working days so the latest that'll be from when the ticket was raised is Monday. 

We'd love to hear how you get on and will be here should you need any assistance moving forward.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

RogerO46
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

At 9.15 this morning I received a call from Stuart/Stewart asking if I was receiving calls, he asked if I would ring from my mobile to check. Shortly afterwards he rang and said there was a problem with BT and TalkTalk and he would contact them. Miraculously at 10.15 I received a call to say all was up and running and so it was. 24 hours short of a week without a landline.  

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Glad to hear it all got sorted for you in the end.  Hopefully no further issues going forward.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi RogerO46

Thanks for taking the time to let us know that this has been sorted, I'm really glad Stuart got this issue resolved./ 

We'll be here should you need any assistance with your services moving forward.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide