Menu
Toontrev
Just joined
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Telephone line cord error

For the last few days Iwe have not been receiving calls. ( not ringing) carried out a Virgin line test which shows no fault. Both phones are on and charged. When I call the number from my mobile it rings on the mobile but silent on both handsets and base stations. The phones are BT and about a year old. When I make a call it shows as in the subject Telephone line fault error.

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Telephone line cord error

unplug phones, remove all cables, put it all back together again, retest, could be a loose or dirty connection , or maybe a cable has actually been stretched and damaged...

are phone batteries Ok ( if they use batteries). you didn't say what model phone you have

after that the only way to see if the fault is with the phones ( or their cables) or with the install,. is to go tty your phones at a friends house & try theirs at yours... don't mix & muddle phones and cables - some phones only work with the origianal supplied cables

we keep a cheap basic dumb £10 handset, - no batteries, no features -  for emergencies, as we know that will work during a power cut. such a device is also handy fro debugging issues like yours

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Toontrev

Welcome to the Community, I'm sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your telephone line recently.

I've been able to locate your account and take a closer look at this from our end for you. I can see that an appointment has been arranged and I'd love to hear how it goes.

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
blueskies
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I've got 3 handsets (BT) in three different rooms on different floors of the house and each one has the same message on the screen: "Please check the line cord."  So I unplugged each phone and the screen returned to normal e.g. Handset 1 9.03am.  But making a call to the phone to test it just now, the line is ringing but no sound from handsets 1, 2, or 3.  After several rings a voicemail message comes on asking me to leave a message.  

Have asked for an engineer site visit today (Wednesday 5 October, 8.00-12.00).

Toontrev wrote:

For the last few days Iwe have not been receiving calls. ( not ringing) carried out a Virgin line test which shows no fault. Both phones are on and charged. When I call the number from my mobile it rings on the mobile but silent on both handsets and base stations. The phones are BT and about a year old. When I make a call it shows as in the subject Telephone line fault error.

0 Kudos
blueskies
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi, sounds a sensible idea to keep an emergency handset.  I presume Argos would sell them.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello blueskies,

Welcome to the community.

Just checking if everything's been okay since your technician visit. Any issues just let me know.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos