Menu
Oldman1
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Silent Phone Calls during the night

My wife and I are elderly retired folk with medical issues. We have to maintain a landline phone and at times get calls from wanted, but with-held numbers such as our doctor or the hospital. We have however been getting silent with-held number calls in the night (e.g. 2 am, 5.30 am etc). What can we do to stop these calls waking us up, nuisance calls are bad enough but when the phone goes in the night that is too much. Dialing 1471 simply tells us the number is with-held.

Almost certainly these calls are coming from outside the UK. We almost never have wanted phone calls from overseas. Does Virgin Media have a service whereby we can block all overseas generated calls? Apparently some telephone providers offer this facility, but I cannot find anything saying that Virgin Media does so. We might have to change to a telephone company that can block all calls from overseas if Virgin Media cannot help. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Silent Phone Calls during the night

Really sorry to hear about the bother experienced Oldman1,

We have some great information regarding Unwanted, nuisance or malicious calls on your Virgin Phone on our website.

Let me know if you have any further queries regarding this,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos