Menu
Dabardvn
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

SMS messages via fixed land line

Having just purchased a new telephone I see I can send and receive SMS messages but need the number of an SMS Service Centre.  Virgin say they cannot help as they do not provide this facility. 

The telephone handbook (Gigaset 620) states "Your device is supplied ready for you to send text messages immediately".  

Some advice as to how I could proceed would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: SMS messages via fixed land line

Hi Dabardvn,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry that you've been advised that we can't support this, because we can!

The best place for help with this is our online Help pages: 

Please let me know how you get on with this.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Dabardvn
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your response.

Unfortunately I am being given mixed messages.  I tried to 'register' as per the instructions (send 'register' to 00000) but was not able to.  I telephoned 150 (Technical Support) and was told it was not possible to send text messages via a Virgin Media land line.

It seems that I need a Service Centre number?  The Gigaset 620 handbook tells me to contact my 'service provider' for the number.

It would appear that I am just going round in circles and would be grateful for your step by step advice as to how to set up SMS (text messages) on my new Gigaset 620 telephone.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dabardvn,

There are some areas on the network where sending text messages via your landline will not work. 

On the instructions that I sent you, it states:

The service centre numbers vary for different models of phones. To find out which numbers to use and how to enter them, please refer to the manual that came with your phone.

I understand that the instructions for your handset advise that your line provider will give you the service centre number, however the phone handsets are set with the service centre numbers and Virgin Media do not have access to each differing code. If your handset hasn't had the service centre number pre-entered, then you won't be able to send SMS's via the Virgin Media landline.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos