Menu
Iain71
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Records of calls to a particular number

Is it possible to get a record of calls to a particular number over the last couple of months?

I know you can change the itemisation on the bills, but only with effect from the date of the change, but I'd be interested to know what calls were made to a number on the last few weeks.

Long story short - it involves an increasingly irrational mother who thinks I only ring once in a blue moon, and if I'm honest have some worries with Alzheimers.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Records of calls to a particular number

Hi Iain71

Thank you so much for posting to us about the option to get call itemisation on historical billing.

You can get the previous bills requested and itemised fully from us at a cost of £2 per copy bill. That would have to be requested via Customer Care and you can reach them either on:

• Webchat
  • Via 150 or 0345 454 1111 option 1 then option 5 ( this will get your through to an agent and you can discuss this in full)

If you would like full itemisation set up on an ongoing basis that is completely free and they can take care of this request for you too. Then all future bills would be fully accessible online for you to print out on a monthly basis to support you in your endeavour to recollect when certain numbers* have been dialled.

*Please bear in mind if the call you are referring to is covered as a part of a talk plan that you have, then these numbers would not show up on an itemised bill, historically or going forwards. For example, if you have Talk Unlimited and the number you are dialling is a landline one, then this number would not show on your billing as it's zero rated for costs and does not display even on our accounts for us to view on your behalf. (Unless the call was over 60 minutes at which point each subsequent minute would charge)

Let me know if I can look into anything else for you, or if you need any further support with this. I'll be happy to help in any way I can.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Iain71
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Karen - I'll give them a shout.

0 Kudos
nbcaldon
Superfast
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have just spoken to Customer Services.  There is good news and there is bad news.

I have asked to have all calls itemised in future; they have set this up and there is no extra charge for this.

The listed itemised bills will not include any calls that are included in my phone package (i.e. that are not charged for separately).
In my case, this excludes everything except calls to mobiles etc.

I was told that if I need evidence of having made a specific call, I would have to request this through the Courts.

My previous phone service provider gave me a full list every month of every call, and I can't see any reason why VM want to withhold this information.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi nbcaldon,

Thank you for your posts regarding this issue on the Community Forum. I'm sorry that you are not able to obtain full itemisation of zero charged calls, but I'm glad to see that Customer Services were able to get the itemisation changed for you to the top level that is available. 

Please have a look at other posts on the Forum regarding this same issue, as they may provide you with further information about this: 

I cannot obtain a fully itemised call list for my landline. Even after contacting Customer Services.

I need a fully itemised phone bill.

Many thanks,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
nbcaldon
Superfast
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Terri_P,

I find this very strange and do not understand the people who set the policy.

As I understand it, the information exists, the account holder pays the bills and is entitled to know how the service is being used, but someone at VM has decided otherwise.

We have Talk Unlimited, but already use our mobiles whenever we need to call a mobile as the VM charges are too high.

With the withholding of information on our phone usage, we will be reviewing what phone package we need at the next opportunity. It may be that we stop using the land line altogether.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi nbcaldon,

I understand that this is not the information that you expected to receive and apologies for any inconvenience this causes. Again I can only refer back to my post regarding Data Protection with Residential Billing. 

You can raise your concerns further by visiting Contact Us and taking the Something Else option.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Iain71
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I didn't mean to open quite such a can of worms!

The data protection issue is interesting though.

Terri - am I correct now in understanding I would require a court order for access to fully itemised calls that have already been made....

...but would not require a court order for calls made in the future, should I request that itemisation now?

I don't really see why data protection applies to past calls, but not to future calls.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Iain71,

Thanks for getting back to us. Itemisation for any zero charged calls made at any time are not itemised on a customer's original or copy bill. 

I've sent you more information on this. I've sent you a private message with details. Just check the purple envelope at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

0 Kudos