Menu
a-pattullo5
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Phone line not working properly

For at least 4 days now our home phone line (********) has been crackly when dialing out. I can hardly hear the person at the other end. Also after a little while the line goes dead. When phoning our home the line just rings, but at the home is rings for 2 rings then cuts off.

Please fix asap

Thanks

Alex Pattullo

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Argy
Rising star
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Phone line not working properly

It's not really advisable to leave personal info (such as your full phone number) in a forum like this - I've flagged the post to the moderators to remove it.

As for the fault, the fastest way to get a response will be to contact customer services as per www.virginmedia.com/contact

You can either ring 150 from a Virgin line or 0345 454 1111 from any other line (8am-midnight, 7 days a week) or use the online chat (8am - 8pm Mon-Sat)

Just another VM user trying to help, so no guarantees that my advice will work .
If my suggestion is helpful, please mark it as helpful; it may help others. Just want to say "Thanks"? That's the Kudos button.
0 Kudos

All Replies
Argy
Rising star
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It's not really advisable to leave personal info (such as your full phone number) in a forum like this - I've flagged the post to the moderators to remove it.

As for the fault, the fastest way to get a response will be to contact customer services as per www.virginmedia.com/contact

You can either ring 150 from a Virgin line or 0345 454 1111 from any other line (8am-midnight, 7 days a week) or use the online chat (8am - 8pm Mon-Sat)

Just another VM user trying to help, so no guarantees that my advice will work .
If my suggestion is helpful, please mark it as helpful; it may help others. Just want to say "Thanks"? That's the Kudos button.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

HI a-pattullo5

Welcome to the Community, I'm so sorry to learn about the problems with your phone line at the moment.

I've been able to locate your account and run some tests on the line, we're not detecting any issues from our end at the moment though. Have you been able to test your handset at all? By trying an alternate handset or your handset on an alternate line?

Look forward to hearing from you and getting this issue sorted

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Dannymanno
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have had the same issue in the past it was down to a damaged cable coming into the building vm tech changed the pairs over and that solved it change your phone if you still get it then ask them to send a guy out to test
0 Kudos