Menu
jane8
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

PHONE SOCKET OOO

MY PHONE SOCKET IS OUT OF ORDER since about 3 months ago. I hadn't used the phone for a while when I noticed the flex had come out of the socket, surprisingly. Has it been disconnected or is there a fault (It's NOT the phone). Can someone check the Virgin Media Cabinet at the end of SINODUN ROAD, OXON, OX10 8AB? Will I have to pay for an engineer as it's not my fault?! Jane Pinniger.  ( I have a mobile)

0 Kudos
jane8
Joining in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: PHONE SOCKET OOO

My reply-jane8. Do I really need a house phone? I hardly ever use it as I've got my mobile, but it isn't always switched on. Should I change to BT or SKY & get Netflix instead? I need a reply from VM soon or I might change! I want my phone socket sorted it as I've paid for a service that doesn't work. Maybe I will have a 3 month refund of my phone charges.....
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jane8

Welcome to the Community, I'm sorry to hear about the problems with your phone socket,.

I've located your account to take a look and can see that this is the first time you've reported this issue, so I've run some tests on the line from our end. We're not detecting any errors at the moment though, do you have other phone sockets at home?

If not, have you been able to try more than one handset? Or your handset on another phone line to verify it's fully working?

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
jane8
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

My brother tried my phone at his house & it works perfectly. Have I been disconnected as the flex came out? I don't get that either. I do have older but they do not look like phone, sockets, that takes TV aerial. There are 2 places where you can insert  cables? underneath but almost impossible for a phone. My brother tried them - no good besides the proper telephone socket.....

0 Kudos
jane8
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

What is strange is, the phone is dead of course but when another phone ie, my mobile, my brothers ring the no: there is a ringing sound on the phone like it's connected, but hasn't, as NO sound from house phone.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi jane8

Thanks for the response, I wanted to check the handset isn't causing the problem as if an engineer finds that to be the case, they can charge you, which is the last thing we want. This is the same if you've got other phone sockets at home and the one that's not working is an extension, but as you've confirmed it's the only socket in the house your phone can plug into we'll be fineMan Happy

I'd like to arrange for a member of the team to come and take a closer look at this if you're available? I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

We'll talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
jane8
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

TO VIRGIN MEDIA If you've tried to phone me you will hear ringing like you're connected, but there's no ringing here!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

jane8 wrote:
My reply-jane8. Do I really need a house phone? I hardly ever use it as I've got my mobile, but it isn't always switched on. Should I change to BT or SKY & get Netflix instead? I need a reply from VM soon or I might change! I want my phone socket sorted it as I've paid for a service that doesn't work. Maybe I will have a 3 month refund of my phone charges.....

You don't need a landline with Virgin. You do with all other providers. However, the way Virgin's bundling works it is often cheaper to keep the landline than not have it. You can only get refunds for service issues from the date you reported them.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos