Menu
Marv95
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Now that Vodafone have done away with line rental when will Virgin start offering discounts on 2x service

Now that Vodafone have done away with line rental when will Virgin start offering discounts on 2x services.

When will they get rid of the antiquated Phone Lone??

Regards

Mark

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Now that Vodafone have done away with line rental when will Virgin start offering discounts on 2x ser

Surely this anachronism should be removed.  Ofcom should step in to stop this.

I have to have a phone line, and if I use it, I need the XXL plan.  I tried just evening and weekends, but for next to no calls the charges were excessive.  This costs £27/month.  And if someone in the house uses call back I get charged for that as well!

I can get four SIM only plans for £20, and no charge on callback because the phone shows me the number!  

I doubt we use much more than 200 minutes a month, yet we get charged as if we have a premium mobile package.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Now that Vodafone have done away with line rental when will Virgin start offering discounts on 2x ser

There are still a lot of people that use the phone, & expect a discount for doing so. The main issue with the line rental charge is transparency. Companies should not be showing a headline rate for Broadband, & then hide away the line rental charge in the small print. The new rules just make sure the headline rate INCLUDES the line rental charge if there is one.

VM UK is the odd one out as far as the majority of Europe, where most cable operators have moved to VoIP operation.

VM Ireland is a good example, where the phone service has become a seamless part of the Broadband service:

https://www.virginmedia.ie/broadband/buy-a-broadband-package/

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos