Menu
adammcilravey
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

No phone line, no Chat Line

My phone line is out, cant communicate with Chat Line - how do I get engineer?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: No phone line, no Chat Line

Hello adammcilravey,

I have just tested your line and it's coming back as blocked so before I arrange for a technician I would just like to check whether you have tried another handset in the Virgin Media socket to eliminate any equipment fault.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
adammcilravey
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that, but have managed to arrange for an engineer - borrowed friends mobile ! I have recurring problems with my landline and you always ask me to try another phone. It has not helped in the dozen or so occassions I've had problems, but I guess I'll have to buy one as I cant keep asking friend for his !!!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

HI adammcilravey

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about this,I'm really glad to hear you've got an appointment organised. 

We'll be here should you need any assistance with your services moving forward.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
adammcilravey
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Waiting for engineer to fix phone line, but what about problem with Chat Line. The problem could be me!

When I get connected to the Chat Line I can fill in my name and details and summary of my problem which I then submit. One of the agents then replies and generally asks me a question but I cannot find anywhere to answer! They keep proding me but I'm unable to communicate so eventually they assume my problem has gone and close the chat.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi adamcilravey

Thanks for the response, I'm sorry that you're having problems getting through to our online chat. 

There's a space to type your message just underneath where the messages from the agent appear. Try again and if you're getting the same problem, take a screenshot and post a link here so I can take a look.

Take care

Craig

0 Kudos
adammcilravey
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Craig, have tried to start a chat without success. I get the sign on screen, enter my details and the problem, and submit to start chat. So far today it responds with an error screen which I paste here but will not send - too big?. The error screen reads as follows:

"Thank you for your question.

We are available to chat between .......

If you are trying to send us a message during this time and you keep getting this alert, please try again later, or see if forums of FAQ page can help. "

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi adammcilravey

Thanks for the response, I'm not seeing an attachment so would you be able to upload it to an image hosting site and then post the link to the image here? Something like Imgur will work fine. 

That being said, I'm guessing you were trying to chat between the times it mentioned? 

Talk soon

Craig

0 Kudos
adammcilravey
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Just tried to chat now with same result again.

On occaission when I managed to start chat I was able to paste screen with error message here, but it would not send it. It was not clear as to why it would not send tho there was a note about size opto 20000 shs.

Dont have me do something too complicated because my ablility is unliklely to be up to it !!!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hey adammcilravey

Thanks for the fast response, it's really difficult for me to diagnose the issues with chat without seeing or fully understanding them, I'm sorry again for the inconvenience it's causing. 

If there's any way you're able to screen shot or capture the issue for me to see, I'll see what I can do.

Take care

Craig

0 Kudos