Menu
Shupfool
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

No phone line capacity

After waiting three weeks for my installation ofTV Broadband and Phone, today was my installation day. Engineers arrived and told me that they would not be connecting my phone due to no capacity availible. At the time of purchase there was no mention of this and after 1h 40m on the phone to the pre installation team they confirmed that this was the case. So I am now left with having to remain a BT customer for my phone while I wait for another VIrgin customer to leave and then I can have their line.

I'm going to have to pay BT for line rental and phone until this happens! Offered £10 reduction but I'll still be down £18ish.  This is not what I expected from Virgin and reading other posts, I'm concerned how long this fiasco will continue. Any ideas whi to phone next... tried pre installation and customer services......

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: No phone line capacity

Hi Shupfool,

Thank you for your post on the forum and welcome to the Community. I'm sorry to hear that there has been a delay in installing your landline due to no capacity in your area. 

Checking into this for you, I can see that the capacity team have been made aware of the problems you're experiencing and you are a priority to be connected. I have requested that the team get in touch with you regarding this on the contact mobile number that we have on file for you. If this number isn't correct, please let me know so that I can amend this.

If you would like to discuss discounts or your current package, then please contact us on 150 (Free from a Virgin Media landline & Virgin Media mobile) or 0345 454 1111 (from any other phone), or contact us via WebChat on Contact Us.

I apologise for the continued inconvenience this causes.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Shupfool
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

It's now February and virgin have not contacted me regarding the lack of my phone line. I'm having to pay BT still for my landline, something I didn't expect to do!

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Shupfool

I'm so sorry for the continued problems you're experiencing with your telephone service recently.

I've located your account and can see that your top priority for getting your line installed as soon as possible, when that's available a member of the team will be in touch to discuss.

I'm very sorry again for the level of service you've experienced, it's really not something we want for any of our customers. We'll be here if there's anything I'm able to assist with moving forward.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Shupfool
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Still no phone line since my installation done 21 December, phoned again today and still no capacity. I have had to cancel my BT account today as I came out of contract and they want £43 to continue or 12 month contract. So after 26 years having the same phone number, it looks as if I will now lose it.

I was sold a phone line as part of my Virgin package and am paying for it, a poor show from Virgin, never had such an issue with BT/SKY, sort this Virgin...........

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Shupfool

I'm massively sorry for the continued inconvenience you're experiencing with your telephone service, it's really not the type of service we want for any of our customers so my apologies. 

I've double checked and your ticket is still with the capacity management team and as soon as there's space available a member of that team will be in touch to get the line installed. 

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Mezzadinglw
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

We signed up for a triple bundle in March. No one from Virgin told us they had capacity issues. We were quoted £72 for a triple bundle. Our engineer turned up today, really nice and helpful. However Virgin only told him to install broadband. I called Virgin to get the work order and was told because they have a phone capacity issue they were going to charge me £96 a month for broadband and TV! And the customer services people were the rudest I'd spoken to.

Why should I have to pay over £20 more a month because they're not able to give me a phone line?!?
Shupfool
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yes it is a joke! I am still waiting for a phone line some four months after point of sale. Virgin have now removed the line from the account and regenerated an order. I did not want this to be done but they did it without my consent (a rule to themselves).

i have bee overcharged by hundreds, so they froze my direct debit, not there is a late payment on the account,,, terrible, terrible customer service. I have made an official complaint now and will be drawing this to the attention of OFCOM as this is not what Virgin should be doing.

hablums
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

See my thread here http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Shambolic-crooked-billing/m-p/345933... which involves a similar problem -- Virgin thinking they can charge more than the contract because they are unable to provide what they contracted to provide. So instead of compensation/reduction for the missing phone line, I get charged more. Virgin Media really know how to attract customers!
hablums
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

With the greatest respect Craig -- it is a far bigger problem than capacity -- it is the manner in which you treat customers, and the fact that you feel that you can take whatever amount of money you like out of their accounts for a service you do not provide. And that you can take a higher amount than contracted BECAUSE you cannot provide that service. And because you make customers spend hours and hours of time trying to sort it out. And that you promise it is resolved, and then fail to resolve it.

There are and there will be alternatives to Virgin Media -- so mistreating customers is a really really bad business strategy.