Menu
fletch26
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No line error on landline

This evening the phone says no line with no dial tone. When running the test it stops at 99%.  Can someone get in touch ASAP. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: No line error on landline

Hi fletch26,

Thanks for posting!

Sorry to hear you're having landline trouble.

I've run a diagnostic on the line and everything is showing clear from this end. Can you try plugging in a different handset? This is just to make sure the handset isn't causing the fault.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I am having the same issue in London E11 - technician coming on Monday 6th February.

I always find the advice of sticking another phone in a bit odd.  I suspect very few people have a spare wired phone lurking around these days. I haven't had one for over 25 years! 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi arrgee1991,

Thanks for posting!

We only ask to test the handset to make sure the equipment isn't faulty as the technician cannot fix this. If you're unable to test the handset, that's no problem! We can still arrange for someone to take a look.

Let us know how your appointment goes and give me a shout if you need anything.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

0 Kudos
fletch26
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Josh, the phone line has since returned.  Must of just been a blip.

Many thanks!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi fletch26,

That's great news, glad to hear it's working OK now.

Let me know if you get any more trouble and I'll check it out for you.

All the best! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Josh_RW wrote:

Hi arrgee1991,

We only ask to test the handset to make sure the equipment isn't faulty as the technician cannot fix this. If you're unable to test the handset, that's no problem! We can still arrange for someone to take a look.

I am 99.9% sure the handset isn't the issue.  Can't call from mobile nor other landline, just get one ring then crackle, and can't call out either.  Nothing has changed on my end, and the line has been working pretty well for the last 15 years or so. Surprised that VM can't detect the issue remotely as all I have to do is call to experience it.

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

arrgee1991 wrote:

Josh_RW wrote:

Hi arrgee1991,

I am 99.9% sure the handset isn't the issue.  Can't call from mobile nor other landline, just get one ring then crackle, and can't call out either.  Nothing has changed on my end, and the line has been working pretty well for the last 15 years or so. Surprised that VM can't detect the issue remotely as all I have to do is call to experience it.

Working now at 18:55 - but don't know why it wasn't, no changes at my end.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello arrgee1991,

Josh_RW is away from the office at the moment so I hope you don't mind me replying.

I'm really pleased to hear it's working again, although I am concerned you could hear crackling. This may still need a technician so if it does happen again just let us know and one of us will arrange another engineer with you to check the cables.

I can't see any faults in the area which could of caused this so the best thing to do would be to monitor the line and contact us if there's any problems.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos