Menu
Kanela
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Landline not working

For the last two days, we have had no landline phone tone, so cannot make or receive calls. Wires and phones have been checked. Rang 150, the automated system said there are no faults, but the website says there is a fault, as a customer cannot call Canada (!), engineer booked for this afternoon
(though yesterday, it said an engineer was booked for yesterday pm). Can you please confirm if there is a fault if I PM you my details?
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Kanela
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline not working

P.S. when our home number is dialled, it rings on the caller's end, but obv nothing on our receiving end.
0 Kudos
Kanela
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Oh, and now it says it is "due" to be fixed tomorrow! So at least another day without a phoneline!
0 Kudos
kaliki
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Same here. Yesterday phone went straight to voicemail, now caller hears ringing but line is totally dead on our side. Something was supposedly fixed this afternoon but line is still not working. Same message about not being able to call Canada on the service status. They say engineer can come on Thursday?!?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kanela

Welcome to the Virgin Community, I'm so sorry to learn about the problems with your phone line at the moment.

I'm not able to test your line as I've not been able to locate your account unfortunately. So I can take a look, could you respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information? You can view the message by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

kaliki
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Things are not better. TV and internet went from 5-6pm today. They are back and I was hoping phone will be too but it hasn't.. On the website it says TV and broadband (that are working) have issues while the phone (that isn't) has none.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Kaliki, 

Firstly I'd like to welcome you to the forums and say that I'm really sorry to hear that your phone line is continuing to cause you some issues. I've taken a look at the line and can see that we were aware of some issues on Saturday afternoon, however this was resolved that same evening. As you are still having an issue, we'll need to get someone out to investigate further for you. 

I've sent you a private message in order to get things moving with this, please look to the top right of this page where you'll see a purple envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks and apologies once more. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos