Menu
hrp1000
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Landline down

Hi

my landline is not working. Stopped just after 10 this morning during a call. Now the ringtone comes and goes and I can't make or receive any calls without them cutting out. I've tried three different phones in three different wall sockets, same result. The online tester at virginmedia stalls at 99% complete (tried twice. Broadband seems okay at the moment...); in spite of it telling me it takes less than two minutes, it's been sitting there at 99% for the last 10 or so...

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Seffrid
Superfast
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline down

It sounds like you need an engineer's visit. You could wait at least a day or more for the Forum Staff to pick up on it, or you could call 150 now and book it that way, assuming you're not offered an online booking procedure because the test isn't completing.

0 Kudos
hrp1000
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I don't know if posting to the forum had an effect (or if it was the failed diagnostic test), but shortly after my post earlier the landline status on myvirginmedia changed from "there are no problems" to "our engineer is fixing it and it will be back by 19:00 tonight". shame that it's now due to be back by 23:00, so no doubt it's a bigger problem than first diagnosed.

Calling 150 is great if your phone works!

0 Kudos
Seffrid
Superfast
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Apologies, I should have researched the other number you call if you have a mobile or other phone to use. I believe that VM will call you back if you do get through on another phone and ask them to do so, although I've never put that to the test.

I'm glad progress is being made, and hope the fault will be fixed asap.

Meanwhile I'd like my 1471 service back as per my own topic Smiley Happy!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi hrp1000,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you've had trouble with your landline.

I've run diagnostics on your line and it looks like the network is clear now. Is you phone working?

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
hrp1000
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

hi Josh

It's not even intermittently working now - completely dead, no ring tone, just silence... check service status tells me "Service may be unavailable right now."

:-(

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi hrp1000,

Thanks for the update and I’m sorry to hear the service still isn't working.  I have taken a look at the line just now and there is a known issue present that our engineers are currently working to resolve.  

The estimated fix time is for today 17.45.  If by this time the service hasn’t come back on then please give us a shout and we'll be happy to check for an update.  

The reference number is: F005371024.  I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Let us know how you get on, we're here to help if you need us.

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
hrp1000
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks to everyone who replied. Once the landline came back up again (a bit sooner than the web-page warning of outage indicated), this slipped off my radar. So sorry about the delay in this!

0 Kudos