Menu
hewington
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Faulty Telewest-labelled phone line

Who/how to contact when phone line not working? - but not a 'Virgin Phone'. Just hear beep-beep-beep when I lift the receiver. Can still receive irritating automated calls though, but can't phone out.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Faulty Telewest-labelled phone line

It is a Virgin phone Telewest merged with NTL, which then rebranded as Virgin Media. If you can't use an alternative phone (0345 454 1111 from a non VM line), then you can try online chat via the "Contact Us" link below. Or in a few days time a Forum Team member will pick this up.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It is a Virgin phone Telewest merged with NTL, which then rebranded as Virgin Media. If you can't use an alternative phone (0345 454 1111 from a non VM line), then you can try online chat via the "Contact Us" link below. Or in a few days time a Forum Team member will pick this up.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi hewington,

Thanks for your post on the Forum. Sorry to hear that your landline isn't working. I'll certainly have a look into this for you.

First, I would like to verify that even though you are getting an intermittent beeping noise, you are not able to make an outgoing call. The intermittent beeping could indicate a waiting voice message, but it wouldn't prevent you from making outgoing calls (you can still dial even though it's beeping). 

Also please try an alternative phone handset on your line to see if you are still getting the same issue. This will rule out faulty equipment causing the problem on the line.

I have been able to access your account via your Forum details and have run testing on your line and the results don't indicate anything obvious causing this problem. 

Once you have tried another phone handset and if the problem is still ongoing, please reply to the private message I have sent you. Just check the blue envelope at the top right of this page.

Regards.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi hewington,

Just checking back with you after the engineer appointment to see if your line is now working.

Please let me know how you got on.

Thank you.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
hewington
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for the delay replying. Yes thanks, phone now working.

Very pleasant and helpful young man put things right.

With best wishes.

hewington

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi hewington,

Thanks for getting back to me, that's great news that the line fault has been fixed.

Don't be a stranger around the Community! Feel free to browse through the Boards and jump into a thread if you have any advice or tips that may be of use to others.

Please let us know if we can help any further.

Kind regards.

0 Kudos