Menu
TerryD2016
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Fault reporting

I have recently discovered once again, I have NO phone connection. However in fairness to Virgin Media the fault lies with vandalism I suspect to the outside terminal box where the cover has been removed and left exposed the wiring et

Since I am without a phone I cannot report the fault to VM without incurring a charge 0345 number ! which also of course entails going through a pro tracted press this to this an wait here press this to this and sorry for the delay blah blah

WHY I might add is it such a pain in the **se to report a fault without going through this palaver?
A simple EMAIL directed at service reporting ? Yes of course talk to someone online re the VM web how wonderful and how often the answer comes back 'No one available'

Drawn out pure aggravation and no doubt when it gets through to VM that I have a problem it will take their engineer two or three days at least to get out to sort the problem out ! All of which I am of course paying for in the absence of a telephone !!

It often amazes me in this so called tech age that the simplest of things become so entangled in becoming nothing less than a complicated drawn out farce which often leaves me to wonder if the real reason for it happening is to reduce the work load on those who should be resolving the issues in question thus saving them money. A bit like those out sourced call centres where you talk to someone and it can be anywhere but the UK!

The joke of being able to check your down service re the internet but to do so you have to go online in the first place kinda says it all ! YET in essence its no joke. I'm a pensioner and I don't need the aggravation however caused in the first place yet alone having the protracted farce of reporting a fault to those who should know better re customer service that they so often shout about !

Well I guess I should get on the phone that 0345 number and see how long this time it takes to report the damage to the outer case on the external connection box and the fact that I have no telephone service. From my mobile which I should add thankfully is NOT VM. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fault reporting

Actually for phone faults there is an email option.

Click on the contact us link: http://www.virginmedia.com/customers/contact/

Select Topic Phone > Tell us more - no dial tone > Click on the email us icon.

The forum team also get to phone faults pretty quickly provided you post in the right forum.  This post has now been moved to the correct forum.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

This is a very long post which happily has a very short reply.

If you had a VM mobile phone then calls to 150 to report faults are free. If you don't then it is more than likely that calls to the 0345 number are going to be included in any inclusive call packages so will effectively be free. If not they are charged at normal national rates.

If you use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of this and every other VM web page you will find as you work quickly through the phone options a form for reporting phone faults.

Equally you can wait here for a Forum Team member to pick up on this thread and they can process a tech visit for you if you need one.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terry,

Before you make that call, have you used the Check Service Status (top right of this page) to see whether the phone issue might be a known wider fault in your area?

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
TerryD2016
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Yes. I did eventually establish that there is in all fairness to VM a button next to the service status page re the phone to test the service.
The result was an acknowledgement by VM that there was indeed a fault present ☺ HOWEVER the next page which I screen shot for saving
re this was a statement that it was not possible at this time to book an appointment ‼ for an engineer et but to of course CALL them.

Hence lets not forget that I have NO phone line and it will mean calling from my mobile which is NOT VM and incurring charges !
That call was the usual do this, do that, blah blah call leading to FINALLY talking to someone I won't to save that individual embarrassment name them suffice to say that when you say you HAVE NO telephone connection probably due to the fact that the exterior cable box has had its lid removed AND possibly if not probably VANDALISED ?!! that following it up with a question do you have any dial tone et et is bordering on either being incredibly stupid or failing to listen in the first place, not understanding what was said OR simply following the usual ask questions script!

To say after explaining AGAIN the essence of my call was based on the box being vandalised and no connection hence no telephone et a further round of questions followed once again enforcing my belief that the individual concerned was oblivious to the facts as stated and also the FACT that the call time being so gleefully wasted by the said individual, was costing me money!

Finally enough being as they say enough I asked for the supervisor and hey of course 'transferring your call ' the usual wait and when they do answer putting across my point ? Some delay again before they appeared to recognise that hey, the services of an engineer to rectify the fault was without doubt the solution as it had been from the off ?!! Thankyou you wonderful people at VM customer services.

Of course the engineer can't come out until Sunday - some 6 days away. Never mind that I'm paying for the services WITHOUT the telephone. Luckily I have my mobile which as a disabled pensioner I rely on and have zero faith in VM re their services, not the first time the telephone line has failed and NOT due to vandalism in the first instance. Not bad since I've only been a customer with VM for the last 5 months.

As for online catch up ? Currently limited availability due to faults. Not I should add, the first time there either re my services. I should add that in the years I was with their main competitor I never had these problems. Could be another reason why I won't be renewing my contract with VM when it expires next year.

0 Kudos