Menu
Trish6
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Crackling Line

Hi

I'm getting severe crackling on my line. I've checked with the fault finder on the website but that doesn't show any faults. I've also tried another phone on the same line, in fact every phone in the house I pick up has the same crackling noise

I cant make calls as the dialing tone comes and goes,and people cant hear us and we cant hear them because of the noise. 

Please can you advise further?

Regards

Trish

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
andyjstew
Up to speed
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Crackling Line

If you don't see any damage then it may be damage externally to the line so yes i would give Virgin a call to get them out, they should be able to do a line test and get the noise levels back from the line showing them that there is a fault.

Hope you get it sorted soon!

All Replies
andyjstew
Up to speed
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Trish6,

It sounds like you have a break in the phone line somewhere where one of the wires is perhaps exposed, if you get the crackling from the master virgin socket with all other extensions removed form it then the fault is with the virgin line and not your internal extensions, if the crackling is gone it may be on of your internal extension wiring that's broken?

If it still crackles on the main virgin socket then virgin will fix it for free but if it's an extension off of the main socket which they did not fit they will charge you for the repair.

0 Kudos
Trish6
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andyjstew

Thanks for a prompt reply. I've just checked the main box wiring but could not see any damage. All linked phones to the base unit are still crackling. Think I may need to book an engineer?

Thanks

Trish

0 Kudos
andyjstew
Up to speed
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you don't see any damage then it may be damage externally to the line so yes i would give Virgin a call to get them out, they should be able to do a line test and get the noise levels back from the line showing them that there is a fault.

Hope you get it sorted soon!

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Trish,

I've responded to your separate thread regarding this.

Please try to refrain from making duplicate posts as this could potentially delay the time that it takes for us to get back to you.

Speak soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Trish6
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nat

Sorry about that. My first time posting and thought I wrote on the wrong thread.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No problem Trish6, Smiley Happy

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos