Menu
FuriousRU
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

BAD SERVICE

Furious R U?

Over two weeks ago my phone went dead it was the sunday morning before bank holliday .

So Tuesday I walked to the kingston shop The staff were less than helpful and most engaged in talking with one another  Eventually they passed me a phone once they had dialled the correct number I was on hold waiting for a reply  When i finally got an answer from a chinese girl with bad english, I had to ask the staff to turn the music down in the shop so I could here her .She came back to me after some time saying it was a fault in the area and it would be rectified by 6 00pm that evening !!  I didn't hold by breath. Wednesday morning guess what NO phone. I went back to the shop and the same procedure ensued holding on eventually getting through to a less than concerned operator.  I was then told I would  get a call from an engineer and another long pause   then told the earliest I would get an engineer was Tuesday the following week  SO Sunday to Tuesday meant I was without a phone for 10 days  ( I made up my mind I had enough been thinking of leaving virgin for some time this was the final nail in the coffin} so before leaving the shop I got the staff to get me the tel no and x tension and cancelled there and then !!

When I was reconnected i phoned Virgin and said how dissatisfied I was with the service and i would expect compensation  I was put on to the supervisor who said it wasn't virgins policy to give any compensation other than i would be credited with eight pounds   NOT EVEN A pound a day .

The following Tuesday the phone was fixed apparently rotten lines outside between two exchanges ....Yesterday   (11th April ) morning I had one phone call , less than 20 mins later went to make a call .guess what no phone AGAIN !!Smiley Mad

Exasperated I give up THANK GOD I decided to finish with Virgin  Smiley Very Happy

What a shower and through out all this not one person apologised 

0 Kudos
Gm2016
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: BAD SERVICE

Have you been charged for leaving, like cancellation fee or something similar coz I want to get rid of them as wel. They charge me £170 in January where my bill was only £39.39 and £ 60 in march while actual bill is £42 something. And all that money was for outgoing calls from my phone but we didn't dialed a single one. They sent a engineer to examine who found no fault yet he done some work in the box down the road. Now they are not even bother to go through any more checking. I asked to cancel the total service, guess what they will charge for early termination another £160. If i stay I might be charged random amount for so called outgoing call n if I wanna cancel I will have to pay. Seriously ridiculous.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi FuriosRU

Welcome to the Community, I'm really sorry to learn about the inconvenience you've experienced lately, I don't wish to further frustrate you by posting here but I wanted to offer my assistance if there's anything I can help with.

I've not been able to locate your account to check what's being done to help unfortunately, if there's anything I can help with just respond to the private message with the requested information, which you can view by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
FuriousRU
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No  fortunately i was at the end of my 12 months contract at the end of this month and once id given them 30 days notice it took me to the 29th of this month 

Yippee

BT are coming next Monday to install the new service I'm not sure I've chosen the right Broadband supplier but in all honesty at This point I don't care I am glad to be shot of virgin after being with them for more than 15 years  each time i have threatened to leave in the past they have reduced the price or given me something enticing me to stay or its been in  the middle of a contract and like you the cost odds leaving put me off This time however everything fell into place all at the right time 

0 Kudos
FuriousRU
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have just tried to see if my line is out just tried test service feature  5 times and this is the response i keep getting  

We're sorry this isn't the page you wanted

This part of the site isn't working at the moment, but it'll be up and running again soon. Please come back and try again later.
Other parts of the site might work as normal, so try using the links below to help you find what you want.
My Virgin Media Home
Help & Support
virginmedia.com

THIS JUST GETS WORSE 

0 Kudos
Gm2016
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Good luck to you mate.
0 Kudos