Menu
KHorgan
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Anyone else in Area 22 with a dead phone line?

Just discovered our land line isn't working (no dial tone). I ran the tests but they showed nothing wrong. An engineer is booked to come out but can't get here for 3 days!!!!!!

Is anyone else in Area 22 and is your phone line working or not. It would be helpful to understand if it's just us or an area problem.

Thanks,

Keith

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Anyone else in Area 22 with a dead phone line?

Hi Keith

When checking this from our end I can see an outage in your local area affecting the telephone service.

That being said, with any appointments arranged in an area that an outage is later detected, the issue will be reviewed by the engineering team to determine if the appointment is still needed.

With that in mind, I'd recommend keeping the appointment active as if your issue isn't connected to the outage then we'll be able to get it resolved as soon as possibleMan Happy

I hope this helps and I'd love to hear how it goes

Craig

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hey Keith

Welcome to the Community, we're currently experiencing an issue in area 22 that's causing the phone line not to work(Reference F004621346).

The estimated resolution is set for later today, with the next review set for 3PM. If your phone line still isn't working after that then get in touch so I can take a closer look for you.

Sorry again for the inconvenience this is causing, the team are on the case and hope to have this resolved ASAP.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
KHorgan
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig,

Have you actually detected a fault now or are you saying there is a fault just because I have logged a call?

I ask because the VM website still says (a) there are no faults in Area 22 and the online test all run without detecting a problem.

Regards,

Keith

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Keith

When checking this from our end I can see an outage in your local area affecting the telephone service.

That being said, with any appointments arranged in an area that an outage is later detected, the issue will be reviewed by the engineering team to determine if the appointment is still needed.

With that in mind, I'd recommend keeping the appointment active as if your issue isn't connected to the outage then we'll be able to get it resolved as soon as possibleMan Happy

I hope this helps and I'd love to hear how it goes

Craig

Craig

houndofculaine6
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

We're in Exeter and noticed our phone is dead today, ran the tests and nothing wrong and nothing on the service status.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi houndofculaine6

I'm sorry to learn about the problems with your phone line, I've not been able to locate your account to take a closer look at this from our end for you unfortunately.

So I can take a closer look, would you be able to respond to the private message with the requested information? You can view the message by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

Apologies again for the inconvenience caused

Craig

0 Kudos
LW21
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi  Keith I am in area 22, just come back from a short holiday  and  have noticed my phone line does not work.  There is no dial tone, test have shown that there are no problems with the line but it is not working internally.  Have you got yours sorted. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi LW21,

I'm sorry to hear that your landline isn't working. I can appreciate how frustrating this can be especially when returning home from a holiday to find your getting no dial tone.

I have been able to run testing on your line and I can see that there are no outages reported for your area and the test results aren't indicating what is causing this issue, so we will need for you to check your equipment.

If the below checks have already been done, I can schedule an engineer to call out to get this fixed for you.

Please verify the following checks have been done:

• Check the phone – Please try another phone to check if the line is the issue (required on no dial tone faults). Is the phone turned on and if it is, are the batteries correctly inserted & charged? **If you don't have an alternative phone handset to try, please try your phone on a different landline (friend/relative/neighbour's landline) and see if it works**
  • Check the socket – Check the phone is plugged into the right socket; you’d be surprised how often it’s not. Ensure it is plugged into the Virgin Media socket with the logo or if no logo exists, the correct phone socket.
  • Check the extension – Is it connected properly? Does the problem persist if the phone is plugged directly into the Virgin Media socket with the logo or if no logo exists, the correct phone socket?

I'll send you a private message requesting further details so that I can arrange an appointment for you if you are still having the fault on the line after doing the above checks. Just click the purple envelope at the top right of this page. 

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
KHorgan
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi LW21,

The phone service was fixed the same day. As I suspected it wasn't anything wrong inside my house the problem was 'out on the street'. Hope yours is fixed by now also.

Regards,

Keith

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi LW21,

Just checking back with you as I haven't received a response from you yet.

Please let me know if you would like for me to arrange an appointment for your phone line issue.

Thanks,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos