Menu
EllGeePee
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

ADDING PHONE TO MY PACKAGE

I currently have a Broadband only contract and my home phone is provided by and other company which has been good value up to now, but now are increasing contract which makes it prudent to change to Virgin Media's 'anytime' contract.

Questions:

1. If/when I change my package with Virgin, is this considered to be a new contract or is it just an amendment to my existing contract which I have had since for ever!!!

2. What is the difference between the two types of 'Anytime' Talk Unlimited and Talk Unlimited Extra, contracts apart from the price difference ?

3. Will Virgin deal with cancellation of my existing contract or if I have to do it, is there a lag between my cancellation and the new connection, when I will not have a home phone?

Thanks for reading and anticipation of an answer.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: ADDING PHONE TO MY PACKAGE

1) The phone service will be treated as a new part of the contract. However, adding a phone line could also attract a hefty discount on your broadband service, so I would call Retentions rather than sales (0345 454 1111 option 4 then 5). This would result in a new contract for both services.

2) Talk Unlimited includes calls 24/7 of up to 60 mins to 01,02, 03 & 0870 numbers, plus active Virgin Mobile numbers. Talk Unlimited Extra adds 0845 numbers & calls to all Mobile numbers to the ones just mentioned.

3) To change provider, call your new provider & they will arrange everything, including the transfer of the number & closure of your old providers account. It takes about 14 days to change over. Virgin will have to connect up your new line & install a phone socket, & there may be a short period where the Virgin line will have a temporary number, as Virgin use a different network & exchanges to BT lines. On the transfer date, your BT line will go dead, & you should then be able to use your old number with Virgin.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

1) The phone service will be treated as a new part of the contract. However, adding a phone line could also attract a hefty discount on your broadband service, so I would call Retentions rather than sales (0345 454 1111 option 4 then 5). This would result in a new contract for both services.

2) Talk Unlimited includes calls 24/7 of up to 60 mins to 01,02, 03 & 0870 numbers, plus active Virgin Mobile numbers. Talk Unlimited Extra adds 0845 numbers & calls to all Mobile numbers to the ones just mentioned.

3) To change provider, call your new provider & they will arrange everything, including the transfer of the number & closure of your old providers account. It takes about 14 days to change over. Virgin will have to connect up your new line & install a phone socket, & there may be a short period where the Virgin line will have a temporary number, as Virgin use a different network & exchanges to BT lines. On the transfer date, your BT line will go dead, & you should then be able to use your old number with Virgin.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

EllGeePee
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Great advice: have now arranged a new package which will cost me much less than I am currently paying for two separate providers.
0 Kudos