Menu
Iain96
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

why will my htc desire not connect to Virgin mobile

My HTC Desire has suddenly stopped connecting to the mobile network. The WiFi ok working ok but I cannot receive or make calls. Any ideas??

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: why will my htc desire not connect to Virgin mobile

Hi Iain96,

Thanks for posting. I'm terribly sorry to hear you've got no mobile signal. This is extremely frustrating when trying to contact friends and family.

I've managed to locate an account with the email address you used to sign up to the forum. With this I was able to get a postcode to check the local EE masts.

I can see one of the masts have had a problem in the past few days. There are others around it which should have picked up the load albeit with a lower signal strength. How has it been the past few days?

Please let me know.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Iain96
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rich_B
Thanks for getting back to me. Unfortunately still unable to get any Virgin mobile signal however able to pick it up using an old Nokia handset. Still completely in the dark as to what is going on?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Iain96,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Sorry to hear you're still experiencing signal issues on your HTC desire.

I have had another look at the area for you and cant see any further issues. 3G and 2G signals in the area are looking very healthy at the moment.

As you mentioned the other handset seems fine I would recommend calling our mobile tech team on 789 or alternatively on 0345 6000 789 so we can take a look at the HTC desire for you.

Hope this helps.

Let me know how it goes.

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos