Menu
aquamac
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

vip unlimited mobile account changed to essential without consent

i live in a mobile home with my 3 kids we have no electricity, no internet except for my virgin unlimited account which i have had for many years, and we use my phone for all communications, we have precious little money and my phone is essential and as such we have fairly high data usage, my account is unlimited data, calls and texts and i pay £19 per month inc.

2 days ago i received the following text message out of the blue

All done! You're now on our Essential. We switched you over today, you can now use your allowances.

I was confused and logged in to check my account, unbeknown to me the have switched my vip unlimited account to essential which has 600 mins talk, unlimited text and only 1 gig of data!

I thought it was a mistake i phoned virgin customer support, and they told me my account had be changed and the vip account was no longer available? I checked the website whilst i was on the phone and could clearly see that it was still available? I got nowhere and no useful information from the operators i spoke to and eventually while holding whilst transferring me to the third department they cut me off.

I want to know what the heck is going on? I have been on this account for years and always paid my bills, i suspect  it is because my data usage is high but am getting nowhere with virgin customer support.

I now getting messages that my account is over the data limit as i type this, this situation is likely to cause us considerable hardship if not resolved swiftly, can someone please help???

I want my account restored, and an a reason as to why this has happened

many thanks

mac 

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: vip unlimited mobile account changed to essential without consent

Mac this is mainly a self help forum supported by folks like me, you're more likely to get help on this from 789, staff do post but it cal take a few days if ever for a company response.

as its a billing, package issue, I'd keep calling in

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Whilst I was looking on my account, I had a look at the offerings

One of interest was 5000 minutes unlimited texts and 5 gab data for £15a month, you have the option to change tariff on the website after logging in.

I would imagine that you will be unable to revert regardless of how it happened but I'd imagine the above offer was decent value

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Aquamac,

Thank you for coming in and posting, welcome into the Community Smiley Happy

I am so sorry to hear about the recent change, this is something that I would like to offer support with and with regards to the packages, you should be able to have a higher package but I'm unable to amend this from here.

I'm not usually the one to pass this over but calling into 789/ 0345 6000 789 would be the best and fastest option, if not done so already.

Please take care and come back to us.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos