Menu
jimbolad17
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

still paying full amount ?

Y am I still paying full amount when my phone was paid for in July 2016, I am due an upgrade but I get to the final check and it says I can't have one, I bought my current phone last year separate tobthe original contract phone which broke.
My wife is also paying for 2 of our children's phone which no longer worked and virgin wouldn't fix or replace
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: still paying full amount ?

Hi jimbolad17,

this is the way with the old style contracts.

Once your contract period comes to an end (yes your phone is paid for) you continue on the same tariff on a monthly rolling basis until you request to change.

You might be best off calling and speaking to a member of the team (free on 789) regarding an upgrade and / or changing your tariff.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

What Alex is saying in a nice way, is that the contract has a minimum term, after that time (2 years) you can if you wish stop/cancel/change the contract providing you pass the credit checks, if You do nothing, the contract does Not lapse but continues onward with you still paying, no refund is due.

With your woes I'd be looking elsewhere

All Replies
jimbolad17
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

cancel expired contract

I want to cancel my already expired contract and change to pay as you go, do virgin owe me money as it expired in July ?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi jimbolad17,

this is the way with the old style contracts.

Once your contract period comes to an end (yes your phone is paid for) you continue on the same tariff on a monthly rolling basis until you request to change.

You might be best off calling and speaking to a member of the team (free on 789) regarding an upgrade and / or changing your tariff.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

What Alex is saying in a nice way, is that the contract has a minimum term, after that time (2 years) you can if you wish stop/cancel/change the contract providing you pass the credit checks, if You do nothing, the contract does Not lapse but continues onward with you still paying, no refund is due.

With your woes I'd be looking elsewhere
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: cancel expired contract

Hi jimbolad17,

Welcome to the Community Forum, thanks for your post. Sorry to hear that want to cancel your services.

Give us a call on 789 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile) or 0345 6000 789 (from any other phone) or 150 (free from a Virgin Media landline) so that we can check your account and look into this for you.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

jimbolad17
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: cancel expired contract

Thanks for your comments, I have now cancelled both contracts and going on pay as you go for now, then probably go elsewhere, my wife is also going to cancel 2 contacts she has, nice to know that after being a loyal mobile, tv broadband and home phone customer for many years and having 5 mobile phones in the household you get nothing in return 😞
0 Kudos