Menu
Highlighted
steve1960
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

sim network unlock pin

i have just received a new sim that i was told i had to change from my old one, when i put the new one in it said i needed to input sim network unlock pin and to call customer care, when i called the guy tried a few things but it didn't work so he said wait a few hours, any ideas how i can get my phone working?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: sim network unlock pin

Hi steve1960,

I think the text is just to alert me to the email.

If you have a VM landline you can call free on 150, otherwise try getting hold of customer services via one of the freephone sales numbers such as 0800 064 3837.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Superuser1718.png
0 Kudos

All Replies
steve1960
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

update: still not working, no-one called me back and to add insult to injury, found out i have been charged £4.56 for the phone call, seriously unhappy, looks like i'll be cancelling

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi steve1960,

as it happens, exactly the same thing happend to me for my "spare" PAYG phone.

The first line Philippine call centre lady tried a few things but was unable to get me an unlock code.

She then asked me to stay on the line while she transferred me to their "Technical Dpt" where I was assisted by Bev in Swansea Smiley Happy

Unfortunately Bev wasn't able to give me an unlock there and then but confirmed my phones IMEI and my email address. Then told me to continue using my old SIM and I would receive a text in the next few days and an email containing the code that I needed to enter into my phone to unlock it.

So hopefully all will be well Smiley Wink

I suggest that you call back (free call 789 from your working SIM).

Superuser1718.png
steve1960
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

unfortunately my old sim has been turned off by virgin so i can't get text messages and i can't call them without being charged, virgin are close to getting everything cancelled

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi steve1960,

I think the text is just to alert me to the email.

If you have a VM landline you can call free on 150, otherwise try getting hold of customer services via one of the freephone sales numbers such as 0800 064 3837.

Superuser1718.png
0 Kudos
steve1960
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

just called on my wife's phone, apparently because my phone used to be an EE phone the new sim needs a unlock code as its now controlled my virgin not EE that's why they are changing all the sims. might have been useful if they told me that before they stopped my old sim from working, so now i have to wait another day for my phone to be added to their system so they can produce an unlock code. ridiculous.

0 Kudos