Menu
Lee962
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

"Double Data Offer"

I've purchased my phone whilst the double data offer was on and have until recently enjoyed the benefit of it.

I recently received a text message from virgin with the following message:

"OK, we've now removed 1GB Mobile Internet from your package. Your allowances have all been updated, too!"

Does anyone know why this is, did I miss something in the small print? I expected the offer to remain throughout my contract...
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: "Double Data Offer"

Hi Lee962,

1GB Mobile Internet?

in their terms it states:

"Offer available on our SIM Only or Freestyle Contracts (including Pay Monthly tariff) on any phone. Offer ends on 5th September. Double data offer is available on the £8 airtime tariff (monthly allowance of 1GB is doubled to 2GB) and the £10 airtime tariff (monthly allowance of 2GB is doubled to 4GB). You will continue to receive the increased data allowance specified for as long as you remain on the same tariff. If you change your tariff up or down the double data allowance will be removed. No other discounts or promotions may be used in conjunction with this offer unless Virgin Media states otherwise. Offer only available online"

I don't suppose that you've recently changed your tariff?

If not I would give them a call (free) on 789 and ask what is occurring.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Lee962
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I definitely haven't changed anything, the only anomaly is that I have just ran out of both my normal data and the extra data so I'm not sure if the account is a little bugged, I may call them or just wait 4 days until it renews and see what happens.

Although the offer you stated sounds similar it's not quite the same, that's much better then I had available (probably a good 4-5 months back) I would have definitely paid the extra £2 for 4Gb! Lol.

Thanks for your prompt reply.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lee962,

Welcome to the Community Forum. Thanks for posting--I'm sorry to hear that you received an SMS regarding the removal of your data.

Checking into this, it looks like you were sent the SMS in error. Please give us a call on 789 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile), 150 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile or Virgin Media landline) or 0345 6000 789 (from any other phone). You can also get in touch with us via WebChat: Contact Us so that we can confirm your details on this.
Many Thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos